Forte 1a left channel buzz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used my Forte 1a for at least twenty years now, and it has been exemplary. Recently it developed a buzz in the left channel that begins after about two minutes of warmup, and doesn't go away thereafter. I have another amp in the system, and all is well, but I'd love to be able to repair the Forte!

Thanks!
Les

Hi,
I know I'm waaay late to this party, but I too have a Forte (Model 3) that I've replaced the PS caps and the 2 yellow film caps. That's all. It was dead quiet before the change, now there's a slight buzz on the left channel. I'm not a pro, but did check solder points and everthing seems solid. I can't figure out why it's buzzing? It also buzzes without any inputs hooked up, so it shouldn't be a ground loop issue. As I noted, the buzz is barely there and the amp sounds great, but it's driving me nuts. Any insights? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.