Newbee question for Pass F5 PSU cap values

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Gents,
Newbee non tech type here, but wants to build a Pass F5.:eek:

Thanks!

For the F5 PSU the CAPS i like the look of are the Munforf M lytic, as i have a Paul Daniels PSC PCB i have only two caps per channel to fit on the PCB, hence two 47,000 uF /25v Mundorf Mlytic (about £16 each from Hi Fi collective) may fit the bill.

However i read form the help Guide at the DIY store that its the peak (not RMS) voltage is the limitation factor- as i would use 18v Amtek transformer 18 x 1.414 = peak voltage of 25.452 (ish) volts but have a surge voltage of 29 Volts and have an overall rating of 20% "extra" voltage rating (32.5 volts) but am i sailing to close to the wind with there tolerances?
(any better caps for the price ?)

Also i have a chance to get a pair of transformers for the F5 they are rated at 230v IN/ 18 OUT--but my local voltage is 240V hence i would get more than 18v out?--this would again push my preferred choice of caps to the limit voltage wise (and be to high for the F5 also) I dont think caps react very well to overvoltage:rolleyes:

Any Help appreciated gents-

Cheers
Johnny

:D:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.