Pass Diyaudio Awards Poll

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
.....asking for trouble!

I second that.

Attachments

• ptr0127l.jpg
    ptr0127l.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 155
Well,

I have quickly scanned that previous thread and appreciate the issues, angles, whys and wherefores.

I would appear like anything else posted on "These forums" everyone has a different perception on reality, or call that diversity. Likewise there are equally as many different reasons for people being a member and making a post.

ie rather than getting home after a hard day at work Bell Labs and kicking the cat, jump on the forum and kick there, or at the other extreme try and obtain useful information about a project that you'd like to make.

But I thought on the whole there were some positives, and more concerns from those feeling most threatened and about who would do all the work. Typical responses from any group, club or crowd once the group dymanics start bubbling.

I wonder what the feeback on these posts would be at the moment:

"I am a member since 01-10-2001 and the fun and knowledge factor of this forum is falling lower and lower.
When I first got here this forum was 100% fun and 90% of very important information. "

"The last year was very interesting with a lot of very high level members (like Nelson Pass) but the quantity is too much. Too many members, too many posts. "

"Most members here don´t even talk about DIY audio. The really important info from these posts is today lower then 5 %, I would say."

"I hope something changes because I can´t control anymore what to find and read. The posts are so fast that on the first page you miss most of the important stuff."

"I like the new system as it encourages people to read more and learn who knows what they are talking about and whos advice to take. "

"Granted, there is a lot of fluff posted on the site (yes, I am as guilty as anyone) but this encourages people to try and learn what they are doing rather than blindly following what the season members are talking about"

Thanks to all for there feedback (and those who gave feedback in the earlier thread)

Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.