CAS-1 Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks, I'm new here and looking for advice on replacing the bridge rectifiers on my CAS-1. I've read on here about some newer types but haven't found any current or voltage values so I know what to use, I could guess, but that's not good science. I've found only one schematic on here for a 240v power supply (not that it makes a difference) but alas, no values on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Foothillsphile

graetz

The graetz do look generic. I have no pics, but mine look like every old bridge rectifier I've seen over the last 40 yrs. They produce 49 volt rails.

I'm looking to use the newer high speed soft recovery type, but I don't know the value of the ones I'm replacing. It's not clear at all.

Anyone else out there know what these new ones are all about, and what values I need in a CAS-1 without going to far over rated? Now if the new tech can be found in the old center hole four tab block type, all the better for a clean swap.

Hi, thanks for the input. I've heard pros and cons and bought the Hype I guess. I found a distributor that has them in chassis style mount 35A 600V <100 Ns, so I went for them, no diff in price. I needed to change them out (30 yrs is a long time) while I was in there to replace the PS caps, which was another story for sizing vs values. I found some same diameter slightly shorter versions @ 11,000 mfd 75 V. Just arrived today.

BTW, how's you power switch doing? getting crunchy yet?

I also plan to change out the tantalum electrolytics with the Silks. Once you dust off the soldering iron, it's hard to put it down.;)

Vince

I am also trying to resurrect my old CAS-1. The thermistor in the Vbe multipler on one channel failed. I pulled the other one to measure its characteristics, but managed to misplace it.

The schematic I have seen simply says 1k. Can anyone provide more information on the specs for this device?

Thanks! Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.