SemiSouth boiler room - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st February 2013, 01:33 AM   #161
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semisouthfan View Post

I will attend PCIM-Europe this year (again) and listen (again) to Infineon announce this JFET. How many times now? .
Dr. Mazzola, you may wish to attend the upcoming Burning Amp Festival 2013 in San Fran. A chance to connect with Mr. Pass and a host of contributing audio DIYers. May even consider presenting a paper on....
Old 21st February 2013, 01:52 AM   #162
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
just take your time , and be sure to not un-bottle that gray smoke
leave it inside , for joy and fun
Old 21st February 2013, 02:27 AM   #163
diyAudio Member

flg. A JFET is coerced to operate in a linear fashion when used in the feedback loop of a high gain Op Amp. Is this type of linear operation your objective?
Old 21st February 2013, 02:28 AM   #164
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flg View Post
Well, I got a little data today between this and that. Pretty dangerous methodology doing it that way but it took me all morning to get close? That's government, top secret, I can't talk about it stuff. Anyway, I gotta walk up to the equipment, make sure all the FuncGen stuff and voltage stuff is right, etc. and do a few manual triggers on the FuncGen, use the cursor on the scope and get some measurements. Write 'em down. Tweak the amplitude and offset of the FuncGen, reset the sweep on the scope and trigger again etc. Had to refine the test set-up a little... Maybe a little more will still be necessary... The graph I produced needs a few more data points but, between 1Vds to 4Vds I got a promising looking curve. Mabe a little like an LU device Wasn't actually a curve but I'm gettin there...
I don't wanna be in a frustrated mode/mood or tryin to do 2 things at once(work thinks multi tasking saves money HA HA!) I need focus.
Like I said, excluding weather related problems, I'm good with that anway, I'll get somin done on the weekend if not sooner.
Keep plugging away. You should be my beta tester for my next analysis article, which uses software every DIYer will have, but requires quality feedstock data. I've been thinking during long showers how to encourage DIYer's to create feedstock data without using a high dollar curve tracer or letting Zen's gray smoke out. I think you're on to something.
Old 21st February 2013, 02:31 AM   #165
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=Antoinel;3378902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semisouthfan View Post
Dr. Mazzola, you may wish to attend the upcoming Burning Amp Festival 2013 in San Fran. A chance to connect with Mr. Pass and a host of contributing audio DIYers. May even consider presenting a paper on....
Antoinel, thank you for the invitation. I looked into it and would really like to attend. When is the next one?
Old 21st February 2013, 02:35 AM   #166
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Unless you plan to use it in F3 like circuit, what is helpful in looking at such a low Vds area. Isn't capacitance non-linearity nasty in this area?
Que Sera, Sera
The LU has an "input Cap"(Ciss) of 1150pF. The R100 data sheet calls typical Ciss 670pF!
Although... The LU parameter is spec'ed at some 10V D-S, something like the voltage we might use it at, (although the F3 might be 2.5Vds) whereas the R100 is spec'ed at 100V D-S where us Solid State guy's would probably not
The best I can say is, yes it will be an issue. But, I can't say how much or how much cascode will aliviate the issue. It likely depends on how we attempt any cascode modulation
Old 21st February 2013, 02:37 AM   #167
diyAudio Member

You got my attention. Just being a pest along the way
Old 21st February 2013, 02:49 AM   #168
diyAudio Member

OK buzz, if you don't want to deal with the C of these parts, check out this balanced pre I was workin on some time ago. I avoid the capacitance issue by operating at + and - 80V
It will drive both sides of an F4!
Attached Images
File Type: png Ballanced SE.PNG (19.9 KB, 216 views)
Old 21st February 2013, 02:52 AM   #169
diyAudio Member

I unfortunately did not get any of the 550's. They looked like best candidate for small signal/Vas stuff. Where's the modulation
Old 21st February 2013, 03:01 AM   #170
diyAudio Member

This was basically my attempt at the X1000 -X600 type "UGS" circuit. Just add an F4/ch.
Or maybe a "Balanced Zen Line Stage" with a twist from the 899 patent
Oh yea, what am I sayin. This is my take on the ("zen") cover image of the 899 patent

Hide this!Advertise here!