Best way to tune in BIAS F5 V2 Turbo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Get a chance to read the articles? Any questions?

Already had read the two, I have a std F5 will have to work 3 months, I can hear it now Charles Mingus.

My question is how to adjust the P3 to have ridden with 100ohms for each side, then it is a matter of luck and ears.

I'll start with 0.3V at Rs 1ohm, I have to use the Vishay IRF mosfets, say they'll have more distortion, I could not buy the Fairchild.

but I have a question here in my area can not buy 47.5 and 47.5K, 47K and 47R only, will be less than the 0.5 will greatly affect the accounts of the scheme.

Most pots come centered from the factory, so at startup, you will have standard F5. Adjusting that to alter harmonics can only be done with distortion rig or ear. You choose. The IRF will work great. You can compare them with Fairchild after your recovery. As for the resistor values, you are fine. 47k and 47 are what I supplies in GB. No difference in performance whatsoever.

Dale or fake Dale, that is the question...

Dale or fake Dale, that is the question...

I honestly do not know if this is true or false.

I know is that I was fooled again by a chinoca, bought 20 x 1ohm 3W resistors of 1%, and the liar sent me 25%.

Fortunately there are still some honest.

Does anyone know where I can buy the original R 1ohm? grateful

Attachments

• Dale1.jpg
    Dale1.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 536
  • Dale.jpg
    Dale.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 526
those are labeled .25% , which means 0.25%

I never had resistances of 0.25% tolerance, I know that there are up to 0.1%.

I have also been searching the Vishay there and not see anything with these values​​.

I find it hard to believe that much of this is 0.25%, paid $ 11 for 20 resistances. When the poor alms is great distrust.

Note: have printed: RS-2B and 9251

Blink,
What do they test at? Brrrrr.... terrible grammar.
or;
Do they test within the .25% rating? If so then they are real. Nice!
Ron

Blame it on the Google Translator :) The software of the forums should do the automatic translations from several languages​​, this will happen but when it will not be for our time ....

Analyzing the data sheet by Vishay, these are false Rs.

Let's see what the data sheet says (RS02B equal to RS-2B):

The most critical is the terminals are Standard Terminals: 100% Sn, or 60/40 Sn / Pb coated Copperweld.

- All resistors are attached to the magnet, the terminals are made of iron!
- Then weigh 1gr. should weigh 0.70gr (is iron)
- The format of the resistors is not symmetrical, looks more like a blood sausage or a salami.
- And no measure is correct.

I have to search on the Digikey sell to 1ohm 1% 3W!

Attachments

• IMGP5293.jpg
    IMGP5293.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 366
Copperweld, AFAIK is a trade name for copper coated steel. Frankly, your resistors look legitimate to me. I have lots of similar looking pieces in my junk box and they've always performed well.

If they measure within the specification then you're fine - just like Ron says.

Graeme

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.