please help me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so , after several posts - I'm realizing that your problem is combined from two things :
1-unmatched input mosfets
2-missing procedure/possibility for setting output offset

cure :

replace R11 with 500R multiturn trimpot (connected as variable resistor - middle leg connected with one (any) outer leg)

set it , prior to soldering , to half value

short both inputs to ground

power up

set offset with that trimpot , after temperature equilibrium

do the same for other channel

shorting inputs to gnd during setting offset and Iq procedure is a must

Zen you are great!
I think you're quite right, in fact I did a test, that I left it on for about 10 minutes without being connected to the amplifier input signal, then I connected the preamplifier this is because in the meantime the 'offset was down to around 380mV,,,accordingly the speaker protection circuit does not detect errors,,, I enjoyed the sound for over an hour, by measuring the offset down to 20mV .... so I guess the difference is not made up mosfet matched .... now I ask you, if I replace the mosfet with a couple well-selected it is still necessary to use the trimmer to adjust the offset, since its value drops to about 20mV after one hour of operation?:hohoho:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if offset is in that range , you're good - no need for mosfet change - they're matched good enough

- offset measurement always after temperature equilibrium , same for Iq

- Alephs (all of them ) are known to have highish offset from cold start

gimme loudspeaker protection schematic and I'll tell you what to change , to have it operative from cold start

if offset is in that range , you're good - no need for mosfet change - they're matched good enough

- offset measurement always after temperature equilibrium , same for Iq

- Alephs (all of them ) are known to have highish offset from cold start

gimme loudspeaker protection schematic and I'll tell you what to change , to have it operative from cold start

thank you very much Zen, you're my idol!!! I hope that the seller Jims_audio Provide to me the wiring diagram of the speaker protection, I wish with all my respect and affection for you a very happy new year ... a friendly hug:hug:! hello by the new year:wave2:

now - just leave it on , singing

time is for wine

;)

Hi Alex i just arrived in Puglia from Lombardia ,so.. i think this evening i will meet my friend Santo ,(alias Vivanco) and i think that we will toast with a good wine to you and to your wisdom, a new year an newborn (Aleph 30) but we will never forget Mr. Pass of course :hohoho:
Thanks again of all guru of this Forum an Happy new year for all!

first of all best wishes for a happy new year, now we come to known pain,
I make a list of the current situation:
- I replaced on both channels the mosfets relating to the differential and to the current generator, they are all matched to 0.3% (vgs = 4.14 V)
- I state that the capacitor C1 is short-circuited and the resistor R6 (68K) has been eliminated
- If I turn on the amplifier but not connected to the preamp, both channels receive, from speaker protection, the permission to operate, in fact measures the output offset is 20mV (channel right) 18mV (channel left)
- If instead I connect the preamplifier, the speaker protection immediately intervenes of the left channel, while the right channel is still operational,,, measuring offset on the left channel is 580mV
- After waiting for about 20 minutes, the channel left becomes operational, in fact, the extent of offset is 489mV
- At this point I thought that it was a problem caused by the preamplifier, but is not, because directly connecting the CD player to the amplifier input has the same problem
- I tried to reconnect the capacitor C1 and the resistor R6, the result is no problem
- Another oddity is the fact that if you turn an unbalanced input on the preamplifier, develops a buzz on the speakers, which is completely absent, if you turn the balanced input.
I do not know which way to turn:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.