BOSOZ as line level crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I utilize a BOSOZ in front of an analog crossover network which terminates into Aleph J amps driving two way speakers. This is all in single ended mode.

I am thinking of taking advantage of BOSOZ and The Aleph J balanced circuitry.

My question is:what does the filter look like for balanced operation. Do I use the same filter topology and values as I have for the single ended, but have the same filters on the plus and minus side of the balanced output of the BOSOZ???

Thanx

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
While the common mode input impedance of the two balanced inputs is
the same on that circuit, the impedance referenced to ground is different.

Referenced to ground. the + input is about 243 Kohm, and the - input is
about 22.1 Kohm.

If your filter depends on those figures, you have to make adjustments for
that impedance.

:cool:

the chain of components is:

source to volume control to BOSOZ stage to filters to Aleph J's.

I have attached a rude schematic of the L/C filters along with the values of the components.

The two way speakers were designed by George Short of North Creek Music Systems. These are the Rhythm speakers. George published the electrical response of the speaker crossovers he designed. I replicated the electrical slopes that he gave us, but in a line level crossover. The crossover point is around 1700 hz. George "shaped" the curve for the woofers, which I tried to emulate.

Anyway, the electrical response at the crossover point of 1700 hz is down 10db. Just as George had it in his curves...

Attachments

• SCAN0001.PDF
    390.6 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.