what i understand is that in the set are
2 pcb is that right ?
ore it is mean that you have to order
2 times ...
thanks for all ...

happy soldering

cheers manuel

Thanks for the compliment.

Be advised that with the resistors I specced RND60 because I have a lot in my own stock, but I also specced CMF55 since I know most people use them. Also check which packaging option provides the best pricing. I usually go for the loose in box option compared to the taped option.

With the WIMA caps I usually try to get them in the following order of preference: MKP10 first, then MKP4 and lastly MKP2. This all depends on which one fits the position and which is available. The availability of the WIMA caps seems to be volatile on Mouser lately. But just make sure as the lead times for delivery can be substantial if the ones you want is not in stock.

Just a minor thing I found while ordering parts: using the resistor BOM numbers for Digi-key points to the more expensive packaging for the Vishay CMFs. If anyone buys from Digi-key, be sure to use the alternate Cut-Tape Packaging option. It's a substantial difference.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm pondering making some kits with all the bits to stuff the PCB. I've got a handful of the 2SJ108 Jfets (the exact silicon of a J74, in a smaller package similar to a TO-92)

Depending on how many good matches I can get I am planning on getting the rest of the components (Passives, BJTs, and power fets from Buzzforb), putting them in an envelope and selling them to the members here.

I have no idea how many kits will be avaliable. I bet it's not going to be more than 30-40. It might not be any.

This is not an official announcement, please don't contact me saying you want one. I will announce when and if I have any for sale.

Digi-key's BOM manager can let one set up separately packaged kits. Maybe it will save some clerical work by using that for the passives so that you could focus on wrangling up the actives from all the various sources. It seems that all the real value is in getting all the transistors in one spot.