Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

Hi 6L6,

to save needed gerber files ... start the engine ...

at control-panel goto CAM-Jobs and double click for example gerb274x.cam

now choose your brd-File....

now you have to choose a name and file ending for bottom layer, top layer, topsilk, etc most pcb shopd wants to have special endings
job execute

again to control panel double click on excellon.cam and load brd-file for drill file
give it a name and ending --> execute

finish

Hallo !
Ich hätte Interesse An einem stereo set mit alles !
mfg abc4230.
#
Request for interest!

If you are interested in a set of these boards, could you please reply in this thread? This is merely to gauge what the interest is in this project.

It seems to be getting a fair amount of views, so now is the time to speak up if you haven't yet.

The scope of this project will be limited to the 'Official' Aleph J schematic - with our slight revisions... Specifically it will only be for 2 fets each in the output section and the current source. The driver will be the pair of 2SJ74, as J109 are practically impossible to source anymore.

The layout and scope will not significantly change from this -

317369d1355411203-aleph-j-universal-mounting-spec-aj-long.png

Remember, Nelson himself said that he considers the Aleph J to be the best of the Alephs... Combine that with the ability to build it on the Universal Mounting Spec and this should be a winner!

-Jim

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes, the intent of this PCB is to sell it in the DIY audio store.

I am trying to get the bits together for a component package, resistors, caps, transistors, etc... to stuff the amp boards. That is obviously going to be after the prototyping and proof of concept that this PCB is error free. (And also dependent on if I can source some of the bits.)

Yes, as buzzforb mentioned, I am currently in a bind, needing an (PCB layout software) Eagle file converted (or redrawn) into Gerber 274x format. I'm not a PCB guy, just the project manager.

Skakellog, thank you for the offer... I am (currently) only planning on buying the minimum number of PCB (which happens to be 4) from my local shop for prototyping/proof of concept, and Buzzforb is going to get the other set of proto boards to make sure that his Fairchild devices work well in the circuit. If you wish, I will happily order a set for you, the cost is $33 each. (The pain of small quantity...)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Good news!

(And just minutes after the above post!! LOL)

I have the files that should be in Gerber. I have no way of checking myself, but I have submitted them to the fabricator, I should hear from them tomorrow if they are useable. (It's just before closing time here in Colorado.)

I think it was wise to use two output fets. I really enjoyed the one pair version, but coming off the F5T, it just sounded thin in comparison. My original monoblocks started with 3 pairs and then dropped to 2. I think it adds body to the amp. More haroomph. Wayne would be pleased, more output fets do sound better.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I think it was wise to use two output fets. I really enjoyed the one pair version, but coming off the F5T, it just sounded thin in comparison. My original monoblocks started with 3 pairs and then dropped to 2. I think it adds body to the amp. More haroomph. Wayne would be pleased, more output fets do sound better.

Exactly what I was suggesting -- 3 pairs! ;-)
Buzz, does 2-pair version lose much to 3-pair for you, or it was 3 vs 1?