Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Wouldn't that be nice? I love the idea, yet have no concept if that will be possible.

The thing to wish for is Linear Technologies to come out with their replacement device...

This project is coming along, but there are a few things that need to be done first before full attention can be applied to this. :)

Aleph J turbo V1

Hi,
This's my Aleph J turbo V1. Added 1 pairs of IRFP240 seem like Aleph 30 era. I havn't used any trim pot because all of parts are well matched and 1% rated.

Also used XLR pcb mounted socket with removable cover type, total capacitance 120,000uF a pairs.

Thanks
Anadigit

Attachments

• J BO 1.jpg
    J BO 1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 4,301
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Anadigit,

Some people say that one J109 in the input did not drive their three pairs of IRF at the output very well......:(

A pair of 610 like in Aleph 30 may not have this problems. Transconductance of a pair of 610 is of course much higher, so the ratio of open and closed loop is changed....

ZM would possibly say "trust your ears"....:)

Merry Christmas! :hohoho:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes, I know there is interest in this project! That's a good thing. The current push for he store is to get the F5T boards proofed and tested, once that's rolling along by itself this will hopefully move forward.

Hang tight. :) :) :)

-Jim T (Also) :D

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Request for interest!

If you are interested in a set of these boards, could you please reply in this thread? This is merely to gauge what the interest is in this project.

It seems to be getting a fair amount of views, so now is the time to speak up if you haven't yet.

The scope of this project will be limited to the 'Official' Aleph J schematic - with our slight revisions... Specifically it will only be for 2 fets each in the output section and the current source. The driver will be the pair of 2SJ74, as J109 are practically impossible to source anymore.

The layout and scope will not significantly change from this -

317369d1355411203-aleph-j-universal-mounting-spec-aj-long.png

Remember, Nelson himself said that he considers the Aleph J to be the best of the Alephs... Combine that with the ability to build it on the Universal Mounting Spec and this should be a winner!

-Jim

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Zen Mod -

Thanks for the insights! I think there is room for your suggestions...

What is the purpose of the resistors on C and E of the current source?

And why add gate resistors to jfet LTP?

I'm only asking because I'm an electronics beginner compared to most. :)