Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

Aleph J Single Layer

This what it like in single layer. Just add Jfet and N-Mosfet and Big Heatsink. :)

Didiet

Attachments

• DSCF3336.JPG
    DSCF3336.JPG
    555.1 KB · Views: 731
Right, attached is my first draft of the BOM. I still need some input with regards to the values of the bypas capacitor C6 as well as the values of resistors R28, R29 and R30.

Also I have seen no suggestions for a value of the R27 trimpot.

Attachments

• BOM-Aleph-J-UMS.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 229

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I see on the original schematic from Nelson that R7 is 1K. So it just makes sense for a 2K multi-turn pot.

Yes, a 2k is perfect there.

The 500ohm is a reference to the Aleph Jango, and not appropriate to the Aleph J -- my mistake.

Good catch, BTW!! :p

I usually prefer the 25 turn ones, not the flat ones which only provides 1 turn resolution.
That's a good thing to make note of on the BOM - please illustrate why you are making the choices and also what other type of peices can work. This way people can learn something about parts selection, and also have alternatives in mind if their suppliers don't have the 'right' part. :)

6L6, Didiet; please check if C2 and C3 can accommodate capacitors with a lead spacing of 7.5mm.

I will be happy to send you actual measurements from the PCB once I have them in hand, Didiet can tell you the dimensions in the meantime.

BOM updated with more trimpot info.

I would like to have some input from experience DIYers out there. From an image of the PCB I can see that only the 3386K model single turn pot will match the pin arrangement. However, I see that neither Mouser nor Digi-Key have stock of that specific model. Advice will be valued. I have also attached the Bourns 3386 data sheet, so if one of you out there can have a look at that it would be very helpful.

I also tried the Vishay model 36P as specified on the PCB, and did not have luck either although it does seem that RS stock some values for the Vishay range.

Attachments

• BOM-Aleph-J-UMS.pdf
    305.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Bourns-3386.pdf
    263.7 KB · Views: 147
Last edited: