Aleph J for Universal Mounting Spec

Are the gerber files available for the store boards? Has anyone ever made the boards with the mod that eliminates the trace between the input and main ground?

I’ve never worked with gerber files and this seems like something I could experiment with relatively easily. I already have a quiet aleph j and a spare set of boards, I‘m only interested in trying to understand the PCB process.

Just finished building my Aleph J and when adjusting the bias and offset, I got some possibly concerning results. Once powered on, I set the bias to 0.35V for both sides, then let it sit for 30 minutes. I then adjusted to 0.40V. I started measuring the DC offset and got 0.011v for the left channel and .021v for the right channel. I put the top cover on let it cook for another 30 minutes. After 30 minutes with the top on, the bias voltage on both sides dropped a little bit under .40V. so I boosted them back up to spec. The DC offset then rose back up to the aforementioned values.

I cannot seem to get a lower DC offset voltage while having the bias set to 0.40v. Is 0.011v and 0.021v okay for both channels? I did some research and it seems it will be, but I wanted to get some opinions from people much more experienced than me. :)

Thanks!

I can post pictures if needed

Joined 2012
Paid Member
@Vlvedoc, Look at my Aleph J build in post #801 of the Aleph J illistrated build guide thread. One of the attached photos shows a closeup of my stuffed pcb mounted on my custom heat sinks from HeatsinkUSA. I will be willing to sell my pair of stuffed pcbs, which have all the fets and mosfets. I have too many amps sitting around without much room, and it is costly for me to keep buying more heat sinks and amp chassis. PM me and tell me about where you live.