Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2012, 11:39 AM   #41
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

Wouldn't that be nice? I love the idea, yet have no concept if that will be possible.

The thing to wish for is Linear Technologies to come out with their replacement device...

This project is coming along, but there are a few things that need to be done first before full attention can be applied to this.
Old 26th December 2012, 03:21 AM   #42
Banned

Default Aleph J turbo V1

Hi,
This's my Aleph J turbo V1. Added 1 pairs of IRFP240 seem like Aleph 30 era. I havn't used any trim pot because all of parts are well matched and 1% rated.

Also used XLR pcb mounted socket with removable cover type, total capacitance 120,000uF a pairs.

Thanks
Anadigit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J BO 1.jpg (67.1 KB, 671 views)
Old 26th December 2012, 12:17 PM   #43
generg is offline generg  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Anadigit,

Some people say that one J109 in the input did not drive their three pairs of IRF at the output very well......

A pair of 610 like in Aleph 30 may not have this problems. Transconductance of a pair of 610 is of course much higher, so the ratio of open and closed loop is changed....

ZM would possibly say "trust your ears"....

Merry Christmas!
Old 26th December 2012, 12:27 PM   #44
Banned

No problem guy !
I can solve transconductance problem if it show any hint close loop/open loop gain by parallel them together.
Any idea for Aleph J 60 ?
Old 27th December 2012, 08:49 PM   #45
JimT is offline JimT  Canada
diyAudio Member

Looking good. I will try very hard to be patient.

Thanks for the effort.

Jim
Old 27th December 2012, 09:18 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Yes, I know there is interest in this project! That's a good thing. The current push for he store is to get the F5T boards proofed and tested, once that's rolling along by itself this will hopefully move forward.

Hang tight.

-Jim T (Also)
Old 29th December 2012, 05:30 PM   #47
PKI is offline PKI  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANADIGIT View Post
No problem guy !
I can solve transconductance problem if it show any hint close loop/open loop gain by parallel them together.
Any idea for Aleph J 60 ?
I would be very interested. I have my Aleph 60 built on BrianGT boards. So, ideally, I would like something like main boards for J60 similar to BGT mains, so I can just swap it to try.
Old 29th December 2012, 06:54 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Request for interest!

If you are interested in a set of these boards, could you please reply in this thread? This is merely to gauge what the interest is in this project.

It seems to be getting a fair amount of views, so now is the time to speak up if you haven't yet.

The scope of this project will be limited to the 'Official' Aleph J schematic - with our slight revisions... Specifically it will only be for 2 fets each in the output section and the current source. The driver will be the pair of 2SJ74, as J109 are practically impossible to source anymore.

The layout and scope will not significantly change from this -

Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, Nelson himself said that he considers the Aleph J to be the best of the Alephs... Combine that with the ability to build it on the Universal Mounting Spec and this should be a winner!

-Jim
Old 29th December 2012, 07:06 PM   #49
henryve is offline henryve  South Africa
diyAudio Member

I will be interested on the condition that I can get hold of the 2SJ74 FETs, or alternatively if Linear starts popping out their equivalents.
Old 29th December 2012, 07:35 PM   #50
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I would be interested too.

Henryve check with spencer for well matched J74's and quick service.

Store | FET Audio

Hide this!Advertise here!