U244 anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had to hit the archives to help out a friend and found something that has escaped my attention for 35yrs. Intersil had in their catalog a U244 JFET with a ~1A Idss and in a 10W screw lug package. A few of these would have made a nice Zen project a LONG time ago.

Not one hit here or much on the web either.

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Sorry, I was being wicked. :)

Here's the only info I could find on them:

N-Channel JFET
Vishay Siliconix
N-Channel JFET,FETs,JFETs,Junction FETs
V(BR)GSS (V)=25
I(D) Abs. Drain Current (A)=900m
Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W)=10
I(GSS) Max. (A)=1.0n
V(GS)off Max. (V)=8.0
I(DSS) Min. (A)=900m
g(fs) Min. (S) Trans. conduct.=80m
g(fs) Max, (S) Trans. conduct,=200m
@V(DS) (V) (Test Condition)=10
C(iss) Max. (F)=35p
Status=Discontinued
Package=TO-210AB
Military=N

Any idea what the die size is? Siliconix and Intersil usually had the die specs in the back of their data books. The J105 and U290 use a .048 inch square (1.143mm) die and have an on resistance of less than 3 ohms. Problem was that they were in TO-92 or TO-52 packages. The J105 is still made so at least you can get unpackaged chips. The bad thing is that the back of the die is the Gate contact which would probably be the surface attached to the heat sink tab.

Any idea what the die size is? Siliconix and Intersil usually had the die specs in the back of their data books. The J105 and U290 use a .048 inch square (1.143mm) die and have an on resistance of less than 3 ohms. Problem was that they were in TO-92 or TO-52 packages. The J105 is still made so at least you can get unpackaged chips. The bad thing is that the back of the die is the Gate contact which would probably be the surface attached to the heat sink tab.

I'll scan what I have tomorrow, this looks to be hopelessly obscure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.