Virtual Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is how my two Aleph 2 monoblocks will look like after I've built them...

Unfortunately, I haven't got a single :2c: to spare, so it won't become any more than druling at this picture :(

The dimensions will be: 50cm x 24cm x 40cm (h x w x d)

Attachments

• alephlight.jpg
    alephlight.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 686
Damn! This is pretty amazing. Do you have a way of producing such a cabinet when you have the money? I am very very interested in doing this together with you when you start the project. I live in The Netherlands too so perhaps we can team up. I am very very interested to have a case this good to move the guts of my current Aleph-X to!

Edwin
Haarlem

Sounds like a plan! I'm still pondering of different construction techniques to use, maybe we can help eachother out....

The front plate will be the most tricky part, the rest of the case is simple traight aluminium (3mm) plating. Ventilation holes are milled in the sides (bottom) and top plate.

For the front plate, I was thinking about a boat-like technique. First curved ris will be milled, then glue the front (1,5 mm aluminium) to the ribs. In the center is plexiglass, with the letters milled out, and left matte. The rest is polished, and a thin aluminium plate is glued to the back. Blue in the sides, blue leds will shine in the plexiglass, illuminating the matte letters.

I'm testing this "illuminated matte plexiglass" technique in my Aleph Ono case... (hopefully to be finished this winter)

Bouke

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.