YAA! (Yet Another Aleph) Complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• alephfront.jpg
    alephfront.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,053
Re: better than i knife in the head...

moe29 said:
Bravo! well done. :nod:

did you get to run it through some of those speakers?
How did it sound?

Thanks. We ran it through a few of those speakers and sounded quite nice. Had been using an Adcom amp just before and Norah Jones seemed to become a bit warmer and you could seem to hear some more of the little details. Later listening to Robert Lucas on Russ' MTMs a little too loud it had all the dynamics I could seem to want, no lack of power. Worst thing is, I have maddog doubting his tube gear.:)

Da5id4Vz said:
Walnut. My first attempt at French Polish.

Djomil said:
Great work Relder. But, one question: Where is the blue LED?
Sorry, two questions: Are you ready to share layout of your PCB with other fanatics?

Greetings from Belgrade....

Here's the basic layout. I added pads for PS bypass caps. The extra FET and diodes in the lower right were to potentially add a regulated V- (after reading Doug Self on the benefits of regulating the V- supply for a diff pair) but I never implemented it.

As for the required blue LED, it's waiting to find a home, along with a power switch! (might implement 12V auto turn on.)

Attachments

• allart.gif
    allart.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,534
Da5id4Vz said:
The burling is great. French polish can’t be beat. It is the true standard for custom furniture. Did it take long?

Since it was my first attempt, that took me a day on and off. Was going great at first, then I tried to apply some more pumice to fill some remaining pores at which point it began to look horrible (streaky and rough.) The good thing about shellac is it's easy to strip off with a little alcohol, and I started over again. I still don't have the hang of it, got some more practicing to do.

If you want practice material my dinning room table needs some work! It is the victim of curious cats and a round mark made by a cheeseburger on a paper plate (travesty). The good news about this finish is that a lot of sins can be hidden before it’s a total loss.

Are you thinking about doing this for some speakers too?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.