Bergquist thermal pads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Call me weird, but I like the aluminum oxide pads (available form Mouser). They conduct heat very well, and provide extra galvanic isolation, comforting for high voltage projects like the "SiC Puppy" and "Das Ist Aber Schade" amps. The pads are thick enough and strong enough that I haven't had any cracking issues as of yet. Conical/wavy washers would help a lot with that issue.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I'm new at this and am in the early planning stages for two F5T V3 builds. Is there a meaningful advantage to the Keratherm Red 86/83 pads over other options, such as the aluminum oxide pads that wrenchone favors? I see that Mouser also offers Thermalfilm and Thermalsil III "thermally conductive insulators" (Mouser Electronics - Catalog Viewer). I'd like to get the best solution for my buck -- any advice?

Thank you,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.