New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Chad

Would it be possible to point me towards any link that tells me the specs of this amp? I will read up on it.

Ive built an AKSA 55 wpc ss amp and a Welborne Labs 35wpc pp, and might look at this as a futire project, if the specs lok interesting enough-or just buy the boards and dust them out when I'm ready!

Thanks

George

Ok waiter, I'll take a two (2) pair of them for a total of four(4) pcb's total. Its looking doubtful that the Aleph boards on another thread will get done before I could have an X finished so I'll build an X this time around and leave the Aleph boards on the other thread on order till when ever they're made up.

Mark

wow...

I just counted 404 requests

what was the grand total last time?

400 transformers at approx $50 USD = $20,000 USD
400 heatsinks at approx $40 USD = $16,000 USD
1,600 PSU caps at approx $4 USD = $6,400 USD
etc. etc. etc.

we have a small economic earthquake if all these channels really
get built! :D

Maybe it's time to contact Victoria Magnetics again to see
if we can get a group deal on transformers...

i'm for that! VM makes some very nice transformers.

how did they handle that last time?

was it something like 500VA with 12 volt secondaries?

...maybe we should start another thread

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
moe29 said:
Maybe it's time to contact Victoria Magnetics again to see
if we can get a group deal on transformers...

i'm for that! VM makes some very nice transformers.

how did they handle that last time?

was it something like 500VA with 12 volt secondaries?

...maybe we should start another thread
Here’s the remnants of the last bulk transformer effort. There’s a WIKI page and a thread. You could start there.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7823&highlight=
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=VM+transformers+for+Aleph-X
I think all of us on the WIKI list eventually bought our own separately.

The rev1.0 board dimensions are 4.9 x 5.3 inches.

The last production run was 775 boards, and I believe this one will be nearly as large, maybe even larger!

I think VM might have a hard time handling orders for 400 transformers, but I'm sure they'd be very very happy! I have almost lost track of what happened with the VM group order last time. It seemed everyone wanted different secondary voltages, and I think in the end, VM just offered to take the orders directly and ship them straight to the people who ordered. As far as I know, the offer still stands, and you just have to request the Aleph-X transformer and tell them the voltages you want. $65ea special price, if I recall correctly.

I can say this: the Aleph-X transformers I got from VM are very very nice (magnetic shield and all!), and as soon as I get around to building the rest of my amps, I will definitely order the remaining trannies from them. :up:

I would suggest, if you want to get your hands on trannies from VM that you contact them directly and get the info straight from the horse's mouth. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you.

VM Homepage

Hi Raka,

To my knowledge there isn't a company of VM or reseller in europe. (Reseller would be stupid I think because of shipping handling from America to Europe)
I get mine via Amplimo in the Netherlands, don't know about Oistrakh (close to it;) )
However I don't have any complaints about Amplimo.:cool:
Site:
www.amplimo.com max VA rating is 1000VA:xeye: .
However, I already made an Aleph 60 , and now going for 4x Aleph X.

Grtz,
Remco Blankesteijn.:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.