Logo on diy Pass clones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No good DIY amp without a nice case...

I would like to finish my BoSoZ with a nice logo (hope this is the right word for it...)

Something like mr. Pass is using on Passdiy.com

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is it allowed to copy this logo? and if so, what would be a nice technique to do so?

I can try to make decals of the logo, or airbrush it, but a profesionally make would be so much nicer... Mr. Pass, what about some nice self adhesive logo's on the order page?

Well, in that case there are several options:

1) Mask and Ball burnish. Gives a pro looking silky finish thats a little darker than the original material.

2) Etching, using photo resistant coating like on printboards.

3) The more troublesome solution. Mask the logo before anodizing.

There are plenty more options...let me know if you dont like any of theese, and give me a pointer what it is you are looking for.

Magura

I think it would look nice if you cut it out with a laser-cutter in a plate of 3 mm RVS (stainless steel). And then attach (right word?) it with some glue (or 2 bolts).
Use a black metal case, polished stainless steel for the logo, and of course the blue led, I think that's a beautiful combination!

Grtz, Joris

P.S. Watch out with the sharp edges of the steel!

I too thought of laser cutting....but i guess you dont know how much it would cost.

The setup cost is at least 100euro....thats maybe a little more than id spend on a logo.

If such a logo should appeal to anybody anyway, i could take care of the manufacturing of such (company next door got a lasercutter) , but it would take a minimum of lets say 20 pcs. to get the price down to something acceptable...like around 20 euro a piece.

Magura

Magura,

that is only interesting when you know somebody that uses one at work very good.
In december a guy will cut 3 backplates in 3mm stainless steel of amplfiers for me (for cinch connectors, main-connector, switch, speaker connectors etc) and 3 front-plates of 10mm stainless steel.
I will pay the price of the steel itself, and a donation for the party-bankaccount, so I think all will be done for about €150 or €200

If they let you pay the full price, then 20 Euro each if you take 20 pieces is a reasonable price. But a beautiful finish of a project is worth a lot, isn't it?

Grtz, Joris

so it is...lasercutting is waaay too expensive, unless you know somebody well thats working with such a thing :(

Thats the reason i came up with the other solutions.

Engraving is another solution...but also not cheap :-(

The only resonably priced solution that looks like laser cutting, is to get yourself a set of needle files ...and file the logo out of a plate...ive done something like that a few years ago, its possible, and most likely not a bad solution, since you gotta have a real good job to not be interested in saving 20 euros in 1 to 2 hours :)

Magura

mlloyd1 said:
Iceman,
post some pictures of that amp used as your avatar!

Nice front panel :)

mlloyd1

More pics :

:)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looking nice!

Now, I presume I have to show you all what I have in mind:

Attachments

• kastjes 4a.jpg
    kastjes 4a.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,462
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK. By the grace of Mr. Sammut:

The great Desmond Harrington has been commissioned to
produce a PASSDIY Logo with an adhesive backing which will
be made available through the www.passdiy site.

This logo will be sent gratis to anyone submiting a picture
of their project. Two will be sent to monoblock pictures.

Give it a few weeks for it to get done.

In the meantime, you can email your picture, and if you have
previously sent in such a picture, you can simply send a
reminder. If you have previously sent a picture, do not
send another. This is a very low bandwidth connection
shared by a lot of people. :bawling:

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.