preamplifier which to choose for the final xa 160.5?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good day to all,
I would like your advice to resize my hifi
possess together with a pair of Pass Labs xa.160.5 a preamplifier XP20
more 'PrePhono a Clearaudio silverg g balance reference 4 pieces,
I ask, and 'possible to find a good pre-amp that has a good phono stage mc that is solid state or tube is important that it is also balanced. friends of other forums have tried XP20 compared with pre (audioresearch ref II, nagra, ...... VTL....) with excellent results more 'more dynamic' more scene 'stage more' realism ectect.
thanks for the tips vs.

now I am a dependent pass
however, 'the pre-amp does not sound as good as the power amplifier in class A
tks
Gustavo

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I see that you're using some kind of translator and this is problem ;

what I'm trying to say is - we are here making our own amplifiers and preamplifiers , be it Pass construction or not ........ and this forum is not about commercially made equipment primarily .

we can give you some technical advice ;

for advice what to buy , considering your preferences , you need to find another forum - where people are spending all day long trying to convince others that their favorite gear is much better than any other .

web is full of this places - try some local forum , I mean - again ;

you're obviously already instructed on some special place about all these special things as synergy etc.

whatever you do , do not forget that any proper dealer of FiFi equipment must arrange you home trial , and then use your ears and brain combo to decide ; forget everything you read in magazines and web

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.