DIY B1 on eBay - a Problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just spotted this: Pass B1 Preamplifier - Full Class A, SE FET Buffer with Matched Junction-FETs! | eBay

It's obvious to me that it's not genuine - but seems to be going against the spirit of Nelson's sharing of the circuit and the IP, not to mention that the seller uses his name in the auction title...

I think it's uncool and have contacted him asking him to take it down, but was just curious - I'm sure this goes on a lot - do we report these to eBay? Ask them to take them down? Ignore it and hope it'll go away? Track them down, and set them on fire?

What say you all?

In the description the seller states that this is one of three 'in this lot'. And it's not even a PassDIY pcb.

I know I can't do anything material about this, was just curious about general attitudes, because it seems to me that it's contrary to the spirit of Nelson's sharing of the circuit.

Just looked at the sellers, items for sale.

He has NEVER sold ANYTHING before, on eBay; looking at completed listings.

He has 3 items listed; a preamp, a pair of amps & his mates DIY project.

As another member pointed out...
...a quick glance at the 'swapmeet' forum here at diyAudio; reveals MASSES of clones, copies, boards, etc...etc...etc...
All for sale by 'audio amateurs' for no real 'punitive gain', other than to cover component costs & hopefully sell, perhaps to finance a new project.

What's the difference ?
Perhaps 1/2 the 'swapmeet forum' should be shut-down; and sellers hassled about trading a project ( not product ) or two.

Someone invented 'the loudspeaker'...
...does anyone feel bad about making their own, to listen to, or to sell...
...no they don't.

Last time I checked; Aus. & the UK were part of 'the free world'...
...He's not starting a 'production-line'...
...He's selling his mates DIY project...!!!

Si.

PS...If I want one I'll make my own...
...am I riping anything off...
...course not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.