Heat dissipation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just saw one for 750W. I am mainly interested b/c I want to put 3 or 4 channels in the same chassis for mulit-amping. I think it may work because so many mossfets will not run close to 0 c as they suggest anyway.... Put enough of them in there, and you will have around 25 c.

amo said:
I just saw one for 750W. I am mainly interested b/c I want to put 3 or 4 channels in the same chassis for mulit-amping. I think it may work because so many mossfets will not run close to 0 c as they suggest anyway.... Put enough of them in there, and you will have around 25 c.

Are you sure on that figure, have you got a link?

I've seen many other types of computer vapour phase coolers that seem to max out on over clocked pentium 4's(eg vapochil) and these barely put out 100watts

amo said:

Ah, well i can tell you now that the radiator, condensor or compressor isnt capable of shifting an extra 750watts of heat around on it :)

The best option(and.. quietest) would have to be Straight watercooling. you could purchase 2 long, decent thickness sheets of aluminium and drill a channel inside of it.. even use it as the watts of the amplifier case. Components will also be alot cheaper that a vapour phase cooler and less troublesome, there are literally hundreds of companies selling computer water cooling hardware.. pumps, piping, radiators, fans..
Ive seen computers dissipating 200watts of heat via a small radiator.. to give you an example of the radiator size:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That Will Be The Day

Just picked up 80kg of heatsinks last week. With my huge inventory of heatsinks i've salvaged over the past many years, i'd be ashamed having to resort using some sort of water or fan based cooling system.

I'm using Zalman hard drive "heat pipe" cooling system for both HDs in my PC. Very nice product and the HD are completely isolated from the computer case with rubber mounts.

As for my 300 watt PC power supply, this is what i've done:

http://www.geocities.com/super_bq/Misc/IMG_1019.jpg

BQ

PS: SpeedFan software is an excellent program to throttle speed down your CPU fans inside your box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.