PCBs for Aleph30 & Aleph L !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O.K, Here u are, these are my PCBs for an aleph variant for everybody.
The Aleph L pcbs are the initial once not tested yet as i am in the process of adding a volume control and an input selector(digitiged driven relay stepped attenuator as the one in aleph P, and source selector using relays, my design).
Here u get the aleph-pcb and 2 masks that are the same, but made in 2 ways to be easier viewed.

I am sorry that the files are a not posted directly here but these are bit big but it was impossible to reduce the size due to the high resolution used in order to create a workable, printable copy.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/panos29/lst?&.dir=/&.src=bc&.view=l&.last=1

size does matter

the dimensions are 20,26 X 9,84cm , resolution is 300,125 dpi

Anyway its printed in the correct size if u have a laser or a jet printer with 300dpi resolution, i use a HP 940c deskjet.
The output copy is perfect for creating the actull pcb.

Panos

Your aleph 30 Power supply ?

Hi !

Nice Job ! congratulations...
on the "work" pictures i've seen your power supply using 2 capacitors, not 10000uF ? what is the value ? could you give me more info or graphic...

I have 2 nice 22000uF 63v electolytics maybe ... :)

Thanks in advance for your help...
Pa

4 instead of 6 x 0.47 resistors ?

Hi !

So, your power supply capacitance is a bit different compared to an original A30, and I have seen only four 0.47 resistors for R22-R27 instead of 6, do you try some other personnal modifications ? does it sounds different ?
Tia
Pa

Panos,

very good work !

But why did not you save it as a GIF file - this works much better for graphics as the jpg, which is designed for fotos.
A GIF will be better in quality and much smaller.
PDF or postscript files should also be better.
All these conversions are done very easily with freeware programs.

regards
Klaus

Add. file size and format:

Specially the L-pcb file suffered quite much by being saved as a jpg.
And converting it to b/w gif it will be 8 times smaller.

The Aleph30pcb is quite OK.

You surely did the layout work with a vector or a pcb design program, didn't you ?
So please, try to save it as a verctor file (like wmf, which would be best) or a graphic file (like a big scale b/w gif).
Another possiblity would be to save it as a postscript file (print it to a postscript printer as a file) or a pdf (best, because is will be in the right size and everbody can read it).

If you need help, send me a mail.

Klaus

Dear Pa, there are 6 X 0,47ohm output resistors in my current layout. Only my old pcb had 4 as it was a copy of the aleph 3 and not the aleph30.

Dear klaus the program i use is an ancient one, but i know it very well to change it now. The aleph30 pcb was transfered to another one in order to save it as a bmp. But this was very difficult to do it as "boardmaker by tsien labs"(the old) has millions of save settings that i am not familiar with, so i cannot save it to other formats. Even trying to save it in gerber or postcript is very fuzzy. If u are familiar with all these i am open to any help so i can convert these to easier formats as gif. I can email u a copy of boradmaker if u can help(its very small and dos based). The aleph L is just a scan of the actuall printout thisfore is so bad, though workable.

Any help or modifications to my layouts are more than welcomed

Panos

P.S The next one to follow is the aleph L with stepped attenuator as the aleph P volume control (for the time i am waiting for the prototype to test the functionality, when done i will post it.

Panos

how did you get your jpgs then ? Did you print it on paper and scanned it ? Very inconvenient.

If there is no other file format saving possibility try following:

Choose a postscript capable printer driver from your systems driver library ( I use the Apple Laser Writer Plus driver) and install it.
Do not use the default connection (LPT1 usually) but choose FILE to direct the printing result to a file. Chose the right resulution and paper size etc. and in the POSTSCRIPT section choose ARCHIVEFORMATE.

If you print the result of any program to this "printer" your computer will prompt you with a save option. Save the result wherever you like as a *.ps file. Voila, you have created a postscript file, which can be looked at with postscript viewer, like Ghostview or transformed to pdf with Ghostscript (both freeware).

If you have problems, zip the resulting ps file (with Winzip or whatever) and post it to net somewhere (or send it to me per mail ).
I will convert it to pdf for all of us.

good luck
Klaus

Dear friend Pa, u are correct that these are the same as in the aleph5 but these make no difference in the final sound , at least in my subjective opinion, i have to say that i tried also the aleph 30 posistioning of these componets.what makes great difference in sound was the quality of the 220uf input capacitor were i settled for an ELNA cerafine.
However if u prefer different positioning of C7 u may convert it very easily. C9 is common in both designs.

Yours,

Panos

Finally Done!!

O.K!!
I finally did converted the postcript files to pdf!!
I also zipped these so i may be able to post these to the forum as they do not accept pdf files.
The 2 contained files are: 1) aleph30pcb (pcbs for L and R channel so these can be mounted facing each-other kinda symetric)
and
2)aleph30-m which is the mask, for the component placing, using the component numbering system of the original aleph30.

The ones to follow are the DC protection circutry as well as the soft start.

Later the complete pcb of the aleph-L including the stepped attenuator as the one found in the aleph-P(using simple A/D conv. and 6 relays.

Finally I would like to thank, once more, Mr Nelsson Pass for sharing his knowledge with us.

Sincerely,

Panos

Attachments

• aleph30.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,681
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.