Aleph 3 standby mode, possible turn off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You measure DC on the same points where you measured the AC...
The thing is like this
220/240V inlet goes to transformer to the rectifiers (before the rectifiers you have AC)
From the rectifiers to the capacitors to the boards you have DC...
The only thing you have to do is switch the voltmeter/multimeter from AC to DC and check on the capacitor (positive(red lead) to ground (black lead) and from ground (red lead) to negative (black lead)).
The leads are from the voltmeter and not the wires on the amp.
I'm no expert on the Aleph 3 but you should have around 26VDC on each side of the capacitor bank.

Ric

Yes, Aleph 3 should have 25 VDC. One channel board close to inputs/outputs has connections "out", "v-", "v+", "src", the other board has connections "v+", "out", "src".

Yes, somewhere is problem propably, dont know where. Now the amp assembled without 22000uf power supply capacitors. Measured with voltmeter some contacts and earthing points on the outside of the amp, i think helped for a while but its a bit worse, i think it tries to find some sort of power or what.

I have put it on sale on local forum, maybe it requires more suitable conditions, i dont want do dismantle it, in fact im a bit afraid. DC plus and minus wires from rectifier were desoldered but i soldered it back. DC ground connection was not desoldered. Really i dont know what to do.

Yes, i received your PM yesterday about half an hour after PM from local interested buyer. Caps are changed to original ones, I will also include the Vishay caps and new IRF9610 also the original IRFD 9110. I will also include two printed reviews and power cord that was included with amp. Today morning I received another PM from local interested buyer, so propably Im going to sale it.
I think that after location change the transformer will propably regain its original 25 volts, as was renewed the original transistor, really dont know.

The transformer DC voltage is now 25 volts, one channel has DC voltage about 21 volts, the original IRF 9610 that seemed functional unsoldered now seemed to be conductive on two pins, the previous seems to be unconductive on outer pins, so i soldered the second unused IRF9610.
Now thinking about some kind of problem around IRF244 power supply transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.