Zen nameplate for project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for a fellow audio DIYer who can engrave on a 1.25"x5.5" aluminum nameplate for my Zen v4 project. For additional cool points.:cool: This is something I think I cannot DIY.:cannotbe:

Attachments

• zen v4.jpg
    zen v4.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 417
Zen Nameplate

Yes you can do it yourself. Just use stainless steel and etch it the same way as a PCB using iron III chloride. You can do the artwork on powerpoint for else, and print it on overhead projector transparencies using a laser printer. (I assume you can buy spray-on photo-resists.)

It worked fine for me. Unless you want it machined through for back lighting. Then you need to mill or wire cut EDM, which will cost more than DIY etching.

Patrick

PS If you really got stuck, I can find someone to machine it for you in China. But is it worth all the trouble, and costs (machining, postage, import tax, ....) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.