My p2p Aleph 1.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually I built it about year ago,but borrowed camera from my friend.There are no exotic/expensive parts ,only regular.All components are either screwed or glued.I built it just to see how it sounds and ended up using it for a couple of months.Now,I'm using Aleph P v 1.7 with a little more exotic components.I used only RCA so negative input is grounded.There is 14 positions resistor ladder, series type attenuator at the output.
It sounds great even that signal caps are only Wima Mks 4 and resistors cheap metal film resistors.
Big thanks to Mr. Pass for sharing his ideas with us.

Bartek

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,575
WOW this is one nice amp! I only see one potential problem with it. If I did the same amp, I'd probably come back from work one day with a funny smell and a toasted cat over the amp. Other than that, how does it behave with the different thing going on/off around (specially things like TVs or computers)

Nice work, really impressed!
Sébastien

Thats an amazing piece of work!!!!!!! Or should I say a work of Art!!!! Did you make drawings first of the P to P that you did, or did you just make it up as you went along? If you did any drawings at all I would ask you to please post them here as I would really love to duplicate your effort for my system, others here may want to as well. That P to P wiring job is simply dynamite!
Mark

Thanks for all these good words.I,m very glad you like it.

to tool49:
I have never had any problem with either TV or computers (with any of my projects,and that isn't the only one that is done this way).I do it for my use.If I was suppose to build it for someone else I would never go that way,but regular ,with enclosure.

to Mark A. Gulbrandsen:
Sorry but I never did any drowing.Gathering the parts I'm starting to have some clue how to put it together,then I sit and play with soldergun.Usually (have to have all parts) takes me 1 evening.

to Netlist:
All components are either glued or screwed.I've learned that no components/connection can be loose (some vibration/microphonic problems)
Actually back then it was my second project I ever did.The first one was BLS,which I did the same way and came pretty much the same (maybe it was nicer ,maybe it wasn't).It had a power switch and IEC socket though.Can't show it,now.I gave it to my cousin in other city.

to Joe Dirt:
thanks a lot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.