output devices on X -X.5 and XA.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
https://passlabs.com/products/amplifiers
Same thing in the F-whatever.
Why would you buy a however many $K amp and strip it for parts. Forgive me, as I do not know you, but thats moronic. Shows you don't know SiT!

Do the F amplifier have same heatsink capabilities? am I going to find a nice custom 1KVA (whatever it is...probably a little bigger) plitron transformer?
mmmmm.....let me check!

I mean....whatever you think...and I respect your opinion, but make your calculation and tell me how much you would spend to make two monoblocks like that...buying for your self heatsinks like those, custom plitron etc etc...and plus...on top of that put all the metal work you gotta make to build an enclosure...and even if you buy the one from my beloved country (HiFi2000.it) you still gotta make a ton of work on it...plus I am pretty confident it won't burn as much heat on it nor being as nice and specially not as sturdy!
With all due respect...but even my wife understood that...at first she thought the same thing as you...and don't get me wrong she is very intelligent as you are I am sure....but she is not on the field so she doens't realize how much it costs to put together certain things and I expect an objection like that....but I am assuming you do know how much things cost! :cool:

I can build a nice chassis for about $400 but it is time consuming. Pain in the butt more like it.
What is the voltage of your power supply?

oh you got CNC capabilies and stuff? niceee.
I mean you would be able to build something as nice as the pass? I wish I could....but I can't.
The suply rails? don't know I havenm't measured them yet, but I am sure that Zen knows it by the top of his head! :D:D:D

Sorry. I was being sarcastic. You may not be able to build a quality chassis for that, but you should be able to put togther a xa200.5 for close to that, if you got the know how.

Edit:
Know how is what Nelson gets paid for.

ahahahahah Exactlyyyy!!! and the know how is pretty expensive!!!
Also....even the X250 won't handle as much heat as the A200.5 since it's gotten different heatsink profile and it is a bigger chassis as well....
So What I was thinking is that I will likely be able to burn twice as much per channel class A than the current X250 already has....so what like 80W in class A?
Well it's not a lot I gues...
I am I missing something? I mean the heatsink on the X250 looks pretty big...

yeah at work got cnc and everything you could think of and more

Oh my gosshhhh....that would be my dream!!!!!! at that point I wouldn't even think of stripping anything off obviously!!
however just think it as having it done by someone else and all you have to to is screw your board in and your output devices and you are good to go...this is the way I look at it...

dismantling perfect X250P is worth only if you can put something lake that in chassis

which you are not able to do ........

maybe just few guys around are , including Pa

:clown:

I think here someone is is not happy as usual! All you are able to is giving sarcastic comment!! What is your purpose in life??
You know nothing about me nor my background nor my experience level but yet you are assuming just like you were stating as a fact that my X250 had to have different number of FETs no matter what I would say!

Dude, have you ever considered an injection of happiness? :down::down:

:cool:

For the DAC, you can have 500dollars of stuff inside, number one, it is not a lot of money to begin with, number two it is not a matter of how many things you put inside (and here I want to show that I don't care how much it costs) but how you put them and number three especially on DACs the company gets access to chips you and I can only dream of.

Anyway, I am not saying that your DAC is not great as I haven't listened to it, I am just saying that don't assume until you have done A/B comparison on a proper set up.

Stefanoo what on earth are you talking about there? You're waffling on about some nonsense that has nothing to do with what I said.

My point of saying that the entire DSP unit having 500 euros of parts inside, was that if you wanted to buy a comparable unit off the shelf, you'd be spending 2500-3000 euros. Hence when people spend 500 euros on an entire hifi system that it's going to cost very little to make and be full of compromises. Maybe they spend 1000 euros, but again that's still a lot of corners being cut.

The point was that to buy a single piece of hifi equipment at retail prices, without gross compromises, you really do need to spend a lot of money too get something that isn't necessarily designed just to fit in a specific price bracket.

Most people who you will demo your system + B&Ws to will have cheap compromised hifi's when it comes to the state of the art. So yes almost anyone's jaw will drop because even though the B&Ws have their own particular way of sounding, it's still going to be 10x better then what they've already got. This doesn't automatically mean your B&Ws are faultless.

Stefanoo
New advice.
Don't touch your amp, keep it as a reference, then build something new from scratch and see if you can better it. If you can better it then sell your amp and reinvest the money back into DIY.
Get 2 premade cases (for monoblocks or biamping) then set aside about $1000. You may not need to spend all of it. Then read and see what you think best suits your requirements and build it.

Stefanoo
New advice.
Don't touch your amp, keep it as a reference, then build something new from scratch and see if you can better it. If you can better it then sell your amp and reinvest the money back into DIY.
Get 2 premade cases (for monoblocks or biamping) then set aside about $1000. You may not need to spend all of it. Then read and see what you think best suits your requirements and build it.

This is good advice and how most of us started. For me, I did it for fun more then anything else, then I learnt more over time, built more and found I was capable of building better then commercial, for less and most importantly get exactly what I wanted too. This is one of the reasons why I built my own DSP. For a couple of years I had wanted to buy a DSP, but no off the shelf units did what I wanted them too, then technology and my skill-set improved to the point where I could do it myself and get exactly what I wanted. Yes, I had to go way out of my comfort zone in learning something I had no idea about (programming micro controllers etc to program the DSP), but learning that has opened many more doors to things that I can now do, that I would have regrettably ignored beforehand. DIY is and can be very challenging, but if you're willing to put in the effort, time and what is probably not that much money, very rewarding.

This is good advice and how most of us started. For me, I did it for fun more then anything else, then I learnt more over time, built more and found I was capable of building better then commercial, for less and most importantly get exactly what I wanted too. This is one of the reasons why I built my own DSP. For a couple of years I had wanted to buy a DSP, but no off the shelf units did what I wanted them too, then technology and my skill-set improved to the point where I could do it myself and get exactly what I wanted. Yes, I had to go way out of my comfort zone in learning something I had no idea about (programming micro controllers etc to program the DSP), but learning that has opened many more doors to things that I can now do, that I would have regrettably ignored beforehand. DIY is and can be very challenging, but if you're willing to put in the effort, time and what is probably not that much money, very rewarding.

What are you using for amplification ...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.