Bosoz with tube amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My initial impression on looking at Grataku's schematic was...tube SOZ. Excellent idea. (Or at least I think so, as it's something that's been hovering on the fringes of my to-do list for a while.) Whether pentode or triode, I think the idea has merit. Topologically, it wouldn't hurt to parallel other power tubes with the first pair for more power; the same thing works with a solid state SOZ.
Speaking as someone who is in the painful position of rebuilding his system from stem to stern with an eye towards going balanced, I can agree that it's going to take a lot of work. And me being quad-amped on the main system doesn't help matters, either. My worst aggravation is filter circuits, i.e. phono and active crossover. Phono is doable. If you go balanced in a crossover, you rule out Sallen-Key topologies, although multiple feedback is still an option. Still weighing pros and cons on that one.
Incidentally, once you've got a SOZ-type circuit going, it doesn't take much to make it X. (Heh, heh, heh...just stirring the pot...)

Grey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.