Aleph 1.2 overbiasing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A great big thanks to my friends in Tejas and especially Nelson Pass and this forum for all work you put into this hobby. Because of my hard at work machinist friends my amps are pretty close to the point that I can start stuffing parts.

We (they) have built 3 pairs of Aleph 1.2 monoblocks that are identical to the original except we chose to build a subenclosure below the amp to house the transformer.

Ive got a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.....

On the original Aleph 1.2 are there 6 mosfets(3 per verticle bar) mounted per side of amp?? Im assuming so, Im just not sure how the lack of heatsink fins on the I/O panel will affect the heat disapation. Any comments???

If I build a Aleph 1.2 amp with the same original heat sinks, how much could I safely over bias each monobloc. Im just not sure how much I can push it safely.

If I build the Aleph 2 with the original Aleph 1.2 heatsinks how much can I safely over bias it??/
I guess Im wondering If I can get rid of r19 without problems.

Can anyone recommend a correct rocker switch that would fit the original Aleph 1.2 amp??

Thanks!!!!!!
Tom

There are 6 Aleph 1.2 in varrious stages of completion. The heat sink area is the same on all amp, however the lower chassis is different depending to the transformer being used.

Attachments

• complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 442
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.