Aleph 60 building thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Got it!
And from what I heard I need to find a replacement for my Infinity Renaissance 80. I love them, but Aleph 60 is not enough for them in bass section. So... thinking of OB with Alpha's 15 on the bottom and AN 8"-10" for mid and probably some tweeter.
but this is another story :)

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ok, it's been 10 days am listening to my aleph and sadly I think that something is wrong.
It sounds very "flat" and fatiguing. There is dynamics and good freq range, but looks like maybe it is too much distortion. It looks/sounds like it is even hard for the amp to drive 90+db 8ohm pioneer hpm's. it is not clipping, but when music is more difficult and loud mid frequencies get muddier.

I measured most points and the look fine to me. I bias it 0.45mA per device(x6). DC offset is ~45mV. If I play 100hz sine with 12mV amplitude i measure 1.2V int 8ohm speakers. I tried to adjust/measure AC gain but my Voltmeter just can't measure such low values of AC V across output resistors. I have a USB oscope which is terrible, but I'll try to solder something as probes ends and us it tomorrow.

Guys, I am totally lost and would appreciate any help, Please!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
make this and try , connecting it at amp output - maybe you're having oscillation on output

if LED's are lit , it's there

Attachments

• oscillation detector.GIF
    oscillation detector.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
too many things in same time

I couldn't cope with your mix up between one schmtc nomenclature and different pcbs and confusion in your head :rofl: ;

whatever - what you can do is to make proper original front end ( not with those ZVP or something like that ) then start from there

every change will be change from original and you'll know is it for better or for worse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.