Aleph 60 building thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also have some queastions maybe someone knows?

I plan to etch boards by myself how large should i do the traces for the outputstage? at the moment i only have 35µm pcbs at home
Or should i look for 70µm boards?

And for the outputstage i want to use IRFP240 should be no problem.
But how should they be matched?
Is it ok:
->if the 6 from CCS fits togehther and the 6 from the Gain Stage also fits together?
or is it recommended that all 12 of one channel are matched togehther?

I`m not sure because in my Aleph J clone i used matched Quads so all Transistors of one channel are matched:confused:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The heatsink effect of the bigger washer is negligible - the reason for using fender washers is to make the screw pressure on the top of the transistor case as even as possible, so the transistors are very square and flat to the heatsink surface. That's where the heat transfer takes place - the metal side of the package.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ok, started it, but :-(... I have: +/- 33.7V rail, DC on output -6.2V, voltage on source resistors(1ohm) -- 0.35V. R8(R11) source of Q3. --5.2V, R14(R18) -- 4.75V.

(BrianGT boards notation).

So everything looks perfect except DC offset. My Q1 and Q2 are matched perfectly, but I have a 100k R8(R6) resistor, maybe it is it?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.