Aleph 60 building thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I am assembling PSU and would appreciate our coiners on how I am about to place everything inside.
Here are some photos, what do you think?
u2ebedu4.jpg

4yba2ara.jpg

umysyryn.jpg

uzyqedu4.jpg

Hello

You`ve said 6L6, Zen Mod, Jacco Vermeulen and Nelson Pass converted me to make an Aleph 60.

What was so interesting / good at the aleph 60 that you prefer it?

I also think about to build the aleph 60 but have also another candidate.
The BurningAmp1.
But i have no idea what will be the main difference (soundwise) between this two amps.

In the past i also build an Aleph J which is a direkt successor of the aleph 30 so all the same Family:D.
Could it be that the sound of the Aleph 60 is in the same direction as the aleph J but with more power?
I have only Parts for 1 Amp left and have to make a decision maybe its easyer with help:D

many Thanks

greets alex

Hello!

I was in the process of building an Aleph 5 amp, but reading and discussions with forum members(thank you folks: 6L6, Zen Mod, Jacco Vermeulen and Nelson Pass) converted me to make an Aleph 60 instead!

Here is a thread about Aleph 5 for reference(I can delete it after):http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/205621-yet-another-aleph-5-a.html

These are what I have:
1) Chassis: 2 monoblocks with(per each): 2x 210mmX300mmX40mm 0.2c/w heatsinks, 0.19(~5mm) face, 0.125(~3mm) back, top and bottom.

(Will assemble and upload photos soon, waiting for some screws from "online").

2) PSU: 600VA, 25V 2x12A toroidals and 4/ch 100k uf 50v United Chemicon caps.

3) BrianGT aleph boards(photo bellow).

I will be using ZVP3310 as inputs and IRFP240 as outputs, which I will order(as soon as he has them in stock) form other forum member — h-a.

Right now I have couple of questions which stops me and would really appreciate your help:
1) Which wires should I use for high current(non signal) purpose? Will any (from let say ebay) 12-14awg with teflon insulation work or you can recommend something better?

2) and major. I have an pdf(sorry can't upload excel, so include a link on it) file attached with schematics, board layout and parts number for the boards I have. I've tried to match parts number from this list to original schematics, but still have many gaps. I would appreciate if you be so kind to help me with this, because I can't proceed without knowing this correspondence. Please! :)

Thank you in advance!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12499320/Aleph60.xls
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12499320/Aleph60.pdf

the alephJ have not much in commen with the aleph30:)

Hello

You`ve said 6L6, Zen Mod, Jacco Vermeulen and Nelson Pass converted me to make an Aleph 60.

What was so interesting / good at the aleph 60 that you prefer it?

I also think about to build the aleph 60 but have also another candidate.
The BurningAmp1.
But i have no idea what will be the main difference (soundwise) between this two amps.

In the past i also build an Aleph J which is a direkt successor of the aleph 30 so all the same Family:D.
Could it be that the sound of the Aleph 60 is in the same direction as the aleph J but with more power?
I have only Parts for 1 Amp left and have to make a decision maybe its easyer with help:D

many Thanks

greets alex

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
AudioSan - Yes.

As all of the "F" amps and some of the Alephs run on +/- 24v, a separate PSU might be a reasonable way to answer a couple of problems that I am having with my current project's chassis, (which has nothing to do with anything amp related) as well as making it much simpler/cheaper to try a different amp design. I.E., making an F4 or a Burning Amp would require a pair of stuffed circuit boards and some heatsinks...

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Ok, folks, PSU is ready, I am going to populate PCB's this weekend.
Please, can you be so kind to help me! I have no idea how to map an original schematics into brianGT pcb's. I can understand output stage, but the front end... I guess all schematics and photos are in my first post. So, PLEASE, help me! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.