F6 Amplifier

Joined 2009
Paid Member
yeah

Papa's Kung

is funniest

Fu

244800d1318707549-papas-pubs-japanese-critic-comments.jpg

So nice Zen Mod, it comes in my special :cool: folder!

Of course it all depends on what you mean by the word needed''

My remark about Ihquam was to mean that he anticipates some of the same
variations that I do....

:cool:
[We] are looking forward to your variations on F6 that you wrote about earlier. You taught the world that STASIS[R] is an amplifying conditition whereby a constant voltage is put across the amplifying transistor [cascode it] and a constant current is enabled to flow through the transistor. Constant must mean needed

any problems if + leg of V2 is connected to junction of R4/Q3 and - leg of V1 to junction of R5/Q6 ? Eliminates the coupling cap ?
Yes. Doing what you suggest would eliminate any need for R4 and R5, but those resistors are important for bias current stabilization. As MOSFET temperatures rise, the MOSFET current will increase for a given value of Vgs, but the voltage drop across R4 and R5 will increase, thus reducing Vgs. Thus, R4 and R5 provide negative feedback for the DC bias of the MOSFETs.

Simulations of a circuit based on post #4540 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/216616-f6-amplifier-454.html#post3527968 suggest that it would perform very well with NO FEEDBACK, having an open-loop gain of about 70 into 8 ohms and -3dB at 67kHz.

The artwork is finished and I intend to order PCBs tomorrow.
Please count me in for 2 PCBs if that is possible. -3dB by your simulation is ~10 times that observed by Mr. Pass for F6. This is a remarkable improvement. Pass Feedback from this high Zo output port to the inverting port is expected to give your amp triode-ish instead of pentodish characteristics.