F6 Amplifier

Comes to most tube amplifier will say their sense of even harmonic-rich fruity permeability adjectives
Comes to transistor amplifier has an odd harmonic distortion loud digital sound
Are divided into even and odd distortion of power amplifier distortion according to this comment is too general (is wrong) above is completely wrong
Today I have to correct everyone think even harmonics is even listening to mellow and odd harmonics is harsh is Concord 2 part 3 secondary harmonics part 2 should argue that odd sense of hearing is not good 3 should be deafening Concord
So I'm a tough---in fact, this is wrong! Both distortion is also not a poor sense of hearing and do not have a good sense of hearing can say 3 times and 2 times the same ear can not hear the difference
This is why? No credentials are affixed with a photo caption says harmonic distortion of power amplifier amplifier 2 harmonic Max -60dB (here not talking about total harmonic distortion is too general) or 0.1% already low distortion it simply in order to look more obvious bottom 10% distortion simulation I use to demonstrate
Green lines are fundamental secondary distortion components of Red 10% blue as a synthesis of waveforms

152449kikjblfifll5fffd.png

153228zgc6pbg4r7054rrg.png

This huge distortion of the top and just makes the blue waveform peak becomes more round and no new waveform generation
The third harmonic distortion ear cannot distinguish the difference between it and the green of the original waveform before Xiao Buo easy output of any amplifier that

See below 4 harmonic distortion waveform

153715b5egm5g83m5mwkw8.png

4 harmonic distortion and the top 2 times 3 times have significantly different waveforms can be seen now, twist-7 8, this is obviously a new waveform generation
Obviously listening ear for this waveform has a (separate) the fundamental ingredient is not outside of Concord had a b class-AB amplifier sound prone to distortion

See 5 waveforms

154246eyowjl7eze8g58b0.png

And the top four times as new wave is not explained
Class-AB amplifiers (note there's no b class) were most prone to distortion of the

6 waveforms

155351fj3j1d8d3uuupref.png

Ditto b class-AB prone
"Classmates" to ask like this didn't mention push-pull class a amplifiers may give rise to distortion of what the answer is: not here say that any distortion of the waveform is the infinite green fundamental to enlarge (precious)
Higher harmonics and 4 new waveforms appear 6 times as this is seriously affecting sense of hearing

Speaking of which, I think low harmonic distortion power amplifier harmonic distortion should be divided into 2 and 3 (does not affect the sense of hearing) and more than 4 times higher harmonic distortion and are not capped, will obviously affect the sense of hearing!
Even and odd harmonic distortion of power amplifier (here only on the harmonic distortion of power amplifier harmonic distortion sounds, and this is a difference does not talk about here) talk about its impact on the sense of hearing is clearly wrong!

Come to the conclusion that so-called even-order harmonic distortion of the amplifier (in fact, only 2 and 3----has been rarely go there because it is a class A amplification) is not the sense of mellow listening source actually has no effect on the sense of hearing is basically only there 4 times and higher harmonic presence reflects round (no high-frequency noise)
I mentioned this thread and this point is unity
ÖйúÒôÏìDIY hifidiy ÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! ... &extra=page%3D1

Putting "Fruity Permeability" aside for one sec....
Some day this world will be a much smaller place - when machine translation worked on the fly and worked well. We spent so much on the human genome project, how about the powers fund the development of decent translation 'source-dictionaries' ...Imagine the contribution to sciences, the humanities, to travelling, chatting up birds ... to diy audio ...

Until then though, anyone who knows mandarin can help read the article and improve the translation above ? It looks intriguing ! Thanks kiven ....

X_cg518 the author of this article was published in
On the http://BBS.hifidiy.NET/forum.php?mod=viewthread&TID=802976.

Translate once again. I hope you can guess I translated.
I would like to see a more accurate translation, I can study English better.

Talking about tube amplifier
Will say that even the number of harmonic rich sense of hearing rounded transparent adjective
Talking about the transistor amplifier
Said odd harmonic distortion harsh digital sound or other bad sound
The above statement is wrong.
Today I will correct this wrong.
Everyone thinks that even harmonics is even rounded sense of hearing
Odd harmonics harsh dissonant
According to this view the second harmonic good sense of hearing
3rd harmonic should be harsh and dissonant
I am very ruthless speak --- In fact, this statement is wrong!
These two distortion
Does not have a very poor sense of hearing would not have a good sense of hearing.
I can say that the 3rd harmonic distortion and second harmonic distortion is the same,
Fundamental human ear can not hear the difference.
Why?
Speak not according, pictures to explain everything.
Harmonic distortion of the amplifier tube amp 2 times harmonic
Maximum-60db (not total harmonic distortion that is too general) is 0.1% distortion

In fact, this figure is very low,
More obvious for everyone to see
About simulation with 10% distortion to demonstrate

Green is the fundamental,
Red for 10% distortion
Blue is the synthesized waveform.

First look at 2 times the harmonic distortion.

152449kikjblfifll5fffd.png
In the picture you can see the blue waves of the-20db huge distortion,
But some tilt and did not see the new waveform components generated,
In fact, the waveform of the human ear can not distinguish it from the green fundamental difference,
The single-ended amplifier is easy to produce such a distortion.

See followed by 3 times harmonic distortion.

153228zgc6pbg4r7054rrg.png
This is like 2 times harmonic distortion, Also no new waveform generating,
this huge distortion just makes the blue waveform peak becomes more rounded,
The third harmonic distortion, the human ear can not distinguish it from the difference between the original waveform and green,
Any amplifier before Xiao Bo, easy output distortion.

See followed by a 4-times harmonic distortion.
153715b5egm5g83m5mwkw8.png

4 harmonic distortion is obviously not the same as 2 times, 3 times,
You can see the waveform has been distorted,
This is obviously a new waveform to generate,
This waveform human ear can clearly hear the (case) there are fundamental components other than the
That is dissonant sound generator,
class-B and class-AB amplifier likely to have this distortion.

See followed by a 5-times harmonic distortion.

154246eyowjl7eze8g58b0.png
And the top four new waveform,
Do not explain,
Class AB amplifier (Note that there is no B) most prone to the distortion.

See last 6 times harmonic distortion.

155351fj3j1d8d3uuupref.png

Like 5 times 4 times,
B and B class prone
"Students" to ask,
Here did not seem to prompt a push-pull Class A amplifier prone to distortion,
The answer is: not here say any distortion the enlarged waveform is infinitely close to the green fundamental (perfect).
Then high harmonic distortion similar to the 4, 5, 6 have the new waveform which seriously affect the sense of hearing.

Concluded that:
Tube amp so-called even-order harmonic distortion (in fact, only 2 times, 3 times, few, there is no more, because this is a Class A power amplifier)
Even multiple of the harmonic distortion is not rounded source of the sense of hearing, in fact, this is the sense of hearing is not affected.
4 times higher harmonic multiples appears embodied nice feeling (no high frequency noise generated)
This point of view and I talked about in this post are unified.
http://bbs.hifidiy.net/forum.php ...&extra=page%3D1

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Chen,

Interesting, this way to show what harmonic distortion does, is new to me, I will read it just now once more to get better the content.

Two remarks....

First Nelson often says that there are many people liking dominant k2 as well as k3....

So J2 is heavily k2 dominant and M2 k3 dominant, both amps please to many people.

Second when you look at the BAF talk about the F6 you can see similar small deformations of the distortion waveforms Nelson produces by changing the phase of K2.
One conclusion is clear to me.... Better no higher distortion than k2 and k3

Last edited: