F6 Amplifier

You are correct. My apologies. I did not intend to spread misinformation.
No worry. Your initial objective was to assemble a classical balanced diy F6. Suppose you already have a stereo diyF6 [Franken..]. Both possibilties can be tested; especially the classical diyF6. The other option requires a bit of surgery so as to arrive at the "crosstalk" configuration of your schematic. Need to lift 2 resistors [18 Ohms each?] off ground and tie their free ends together. This maybe an easier/cheaper approach than a whole new assembly.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
buzz had that version ( which I referenced as funny mirrored) where he didn't use resistor to gnd

that one will lead to decrease of THD ....... or at least decent THD, even if not in same manner as SUSY

however - decent THD is , as we know , all we are looking for

I think SUSY itself isn't needed as preferring goal

my BF6X circ is having it (everything :rofl: ) , but -beware- I'm not telling that it must sound better than BA3 Bal -like F6 solutions

Last edited:
buzz had that version ( which I referenced as funny mirrored) where he didn't use resistor to gnd

that one will lead to decrease of THD ....... or at least decent THD, even if not in same manner as SUSY

however - decent THD is , as we know , all we are looking for

I think SUSY itself isn't needed as preferring goal

my BF6X circ is having it (everything :rofl: ) , but -beware- I'm not telling that it must sound better than BA3 Bal -like F6 solutions
Zen Mod. Your circuit is unique because of its special error correction mechanism. Zo , % THD, Voltage gain and bandwidth with and without feedback are needed initially for one the two matched amps.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I know that my circs are usually exquisite :devilr: , but hardly unique

I'm standing on the shoulders ......... and just stealing

especially in case when (maybe) circ is generated with help of little spy bird in PL cousine

Attachments

• pajapatak.gif
    pajapatak.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 284
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

correction - that will be SUSY , without doubt

simple test - either mentally , or in vivo , or in simulation - when decreasing one input's amplitude leads to decreasing both outputs amplitudes ( not necessary in same amount !) , there is fair chance that circ is behaving SUSY

however , BA3 Bal-like stage is having some other characteristics , which I'm not going to address soon

buzzforb, flg and Zen Mod. Subjective and objective measurements will be needed to verify the viability of your designs. diy, or assemble a team [inclusive lhquam, flochinni, generg, and other diy F6 regulars] and follow the journey steps of diy F6. diy F6, and balanced diy F6 absent crosstalk between its amps will be the baseline for comparison. You have a great new story to tell.

naah

we are now waiting for your non-papery presentation

:devilr:
I am glad that you and I had our minds inadvertently "bridged" through space-time. Please visit the Forum of Everything Else and find the Thread by me which is entitled "Other Applications of Vacuum Tubes". Go to Post #36. I showed in its attached schematic [also attached here] , a negative feedback style which you now advocate in one half BFF6x. I named it ANT Feedback. It is negative feedback from the collector of a power NPN to its degenerated emitter; an idea which I had also communicated to wrenchone for his L'Fake amp. The feedback component [Rf] was the loudspeaker. Both of its ends received out of phase signals. Thus, the resultant amplifier was naturally "bridging" as added bonus.

Best regards

NB. How did it sound? Shockingly superb within its limitations.

Attachments

• ANTFeedback1.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 83
  • ANTFeedback.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: