F6 Amplifier

I have the Cinemags in my 6 at the moment and am very, very happy.

I have been plumbing the depths of my record collection all week. I have always been primarily a SE fan, but the F6 has made me change my mind. I do have a bit of resistance on the lower JFETs so should be getting a little more 2nd harmonic which maybe helps.

In time I might look to swap the Cinemags out. I have always had a soft spot for Lundahl transformers and their LL1690 looks just the ticket - if I can make it fit with Tea-Bags boards - they are a bit bigger than the Cinemag, but should be doable.

In time I might look to swap the Cinemags out. I have always had a soft spot for Lundahl transformers and their LL1690 looks just the ticket - if I can make it fit with Tea-Bags boards - they are a bit bigger than the Cinemag, but should be doable.

For 5 times the price of cinemags and jensens they better be WAY better....
they have nice critics though...

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Does anyone know if there will be a professional review of the F6, like the review of the SIT amps and the F series before them? Maybe something out of 6moons? From some of your descriptions, it appears to be a special sounding amp. Would be cool to have a full review.

Someone will undoubtedly say, "build it and see...", but...

I like six moons reviews. THey are word artist and as much as we like to pick on them about that, being able to communicate in that way is something I wish I was capable of. Nelson is a great communicator. He is able to condense a lot of info into a very short and concise article. Not easy. Me, I stick to emoticons and symbols. :clown:

I really like the BudP transformers, but have it set up to try all three. No fancy telephone stuff this side of the pond, but no worries, just another flavor of ice cream. Plus, they put sausage in everything over there.