F6 Amplifier

THere are folks in both camps, from what I understand. JBL tends to like higher power amps to sound best, where as Altec, with lightweight cones and lower power handling like FW style amps. I don't dispute your thoughts. Too new to do that. Just relaying what I have heard. Pop over to Horn/TL combo to discuss. I would thoroughly enjoy the company. I have JBL LE15 and have been watching for 2235, which is considerd king, by many.

I was staring at the schematics today trying to decide how I will proceed with this after receiving Mike's pcbs.
One thing that I was thinking was where to get the 2sj74 and then it kind of occurred to me that perhaps we could use a 2SK170 in a DCB1 kinda way?
That would perhaps offer better symmetry in the buffer section and would also be in the spirit of F6 part of which is not using complementary parts :)
Not to mention one less semi-dodo to worry about :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I was staring at the schematics today trying to decide how I will proceed with this after receiving Mike's pcbs.
One thing that I was thinking was where to get the 2sj74 and then it kind of occurred to me that perhaps we could use a 2SK170 in a DCB1 kinda way?
......)

certainly yes

That would perhaps offer better symmetry .......

not certainly

....... be in the spirit of F6 part of which is not using complementary parts :)

certainly yes

Not to mention one less semi-dodo to worry about :)

certainly yes

but - do not forget that same sex Jfet buffer is having sort of double output impedance , comparing to complementary version

why not double Jfets in it ?

;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
may be I was not precise enough, sorry....!

I meant the phase change that happened when I choose another value in the FFT window!

Attachments

• phase.JPG
    phase.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 423