F6 Amplifier

Only reaso why you need one is to understand why you like what you like. I just started playing with mine. Kinda fun:D I thought you might like this. How does it compare to your xformer loaded f4? I am about to try a J2 clone.

To my ears the naked F6 has a bit more detail and the soundstage is wider. Maybe a bit more dynamics - you were right about the challenges of playing. In the end I will go with the sound I like but how to duplicate concerns me ;)
F4 is great with the headphones

best

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
boyz

did I told ya that article is up ?

:clown:

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 518
Oscilloscopes usually will not help with distortion measurements. You need a good 24-bit 192kHz sound card and software.

If you need a good oscilloscope, I recommend a Tektronix 465. Used ones can be acquired through EBay for about $250 US.

Can't we just pass a sine wave and see the FFT graph for harmonics?
(Provided that the scope supports FFT :p)

Flochini have a look at Rigols. Very nice for the price

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Sidebar

Totally hooked on this amp. I will eventually wire up the Jensens to see if I can tell the difference between them and the Onetics. I will experiment with degeneration and the Onetics and ultimately for me it will be best sound but
Thanks

Bob

Robert, I could not find a website for the Onetics directly. Do you have the model and pinout of the unit your using?

Considering an adapter to allow one to plug and unplug these things.

Wine is software to emulate the Microsoft Windows operating system(s) on other other operating systems, such as Mac OS X and Linux. Here is some info about Win for Mac OS X MacOSX - The Official Wine Wiki.

When you say things like "Wine Windows emulation on Linux" I have no idea what that means. I just want a program that runs on Mac OS and I don't have to program something to make it work.

Rush