F6 Amplifier

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
...... as Papa used to say - " I put blue ones because I have 10.000 of them ...... and I use them even instead of aspirin "

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 438
  • aspirin.jpg
    aspirin.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 396
Joined 2009
Paid Member
.....the Jensen is brighter and less dark than the Edcor, sound is more similar to the other amps....

....voice of Melody is very coherent with the F6, with the F3 (N.P. original, thanks to Georg M., when do you meet a man, that gives his amps away for months....:):):))

I now have the impression that the voice with F3 is divided by the different output caps in different segments.... with the F6 it is one voice...more in front and the surrounding instruments are more in the background, F3 makes the opposite, background more in the front and voice more in the background...amusing.

F3 is compared more muddy, F6 is more accentuated....compared to F3 maybe a bit dry, the F3 sound is more romantic.....may be a bit more panoramic....:D

of course only a first impression with my Frankenstein 6 Build, on the kitchen table....really....:D

I still have the hidden treasure of Zen Mod.... ISKRA tovarna elektronskih naprav....LJUBLANA

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
by the way it is a pleasure to build the F6 up!

So easy, even with ptp....

..... and the trimming with the pots is nearly easy too, at least the offset trim.

The bias trim is a bit more difficult.....
with 5k in the middle position you first have nearly no bias for the output J-Fets,
they stay cold, and after some turning there comes a point....
where the bias goes up very fast..... take care!:D

I cant stand single turns. Nelson must have magc touch or he has eliminated the variables before even beginning.

@Generg,
I agree about ease of biuld. I think it rivals the F5 in that regard and best it sound wise. At least for my taste. Multi pair F5 is tougher challenge as i like its presentation better than standard F5. Soon they will all be too much power for me:D