F6 Amplifier

I have some ideas for a phase inverter-based amp that arose out of the "Half Nelson" and "L'Fake" projects. I 'll talk about them in a separate thread after BA some time. The interstage is another nice idea, and harks back to the early days of transistor design, when power transistors were only in one flavor per material. My very first amp, the Electro-Voice 1144, looked a bit like this, though the interstage XFMRs were probably not up to the quality level here. I wonder if I still have those interstages buried somewhere in my junk pile - you can never tell.

popcorn.gif

I have some ideas for a phase inverter-based amp that arose out of the "Half Nelson" and "L'Fake" projects. I 'll talk about them in a separate thread after BA some time. The interstage is another nice idea, and harks back to the early days of transistor design, when power transistors were only in one flavor per material. My very first amp, the Electro-Voice 1144, looked a bit like this, though the interstage XFMRs were probably not up to the quality level here. I wonder if I still have those interstages buried somewhere in my junk pile - you can never tell.
wrenchone: please clarify the "Half Nelson". Thank you.