F6 Amplifier

I envision a multi-disciplinary team including gurus like you of high-end audio [a key contributor] revisiting and laying the framework for a solution to this question. Matter of time!

A lot of products do exist already that (try) to simulate the sound of certain amps. Especially adding warmth and small amounts of tube overdrive effects are popular.

You can get a good plugin for free here:
Audio tube/valve overdrive plugin (AU, VST) - Voxengo Tube Amp - Voxengo

This guys also put a lot of effort into such things:
Softube

Such software can add a bit of warmth and distortion as found in some tube amps, but never reach real perfection.

From my listening experience with J2 inspired amps fed with such digital tube-sound plugin - and comparing that sound to original FirstWatt J2:

Such software can bring the sound a bit closer into the area that you prefer, but never matches the lush, silky, detailed, involving and a tiny bit sparkling sound of the original J2....it is absolutely unrivaled.

It would seem logical but somehow the efforts in that direction have not
borne fruit. Similarly, simply introducing these elements on the front end
of the amplifier while using a highly linear output stage have not given the
same results.

:cool:

Nelson, a bit of a pointed question. Exlcuding Papa SiT amps that are unobtanium, what do you like to drive your L300's with?

A lot of products do exist already that (try) to simulate the sound of certain amps. Especially adding warmth and small amounts of tube overdrive effects are popular.

You can get a good plugin for free here:
Audio tube/valve overdrive plugin (AU, VST) - Voxengo Tube Amp - Voxengo

This guys also put a lot of effort into such things:
Softube

Such software can add a bit of warmth and distortion as found in some tube amps, but never reach real perfection.

From my listening experience with J2 inspired amps fed with such digital tube-sound plugin - and comparing that sound to original FirstWatt J2:

Such software can bring the sound a bit closer into the area that you prefer, but never matches the lush, silky, detailed, involving and a tiny bit sparkling sound of the original J2....it is absolutely unrivaled.
Interesting links. Softube has really done quite a bit of complex work.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It is good to have friends....:)

thanks to tea-bag, Zen Mod and Edcor......:D

and now confusion begins......:devily:

Attachments

• F6.JPG
    F6.JPG
    566.7 KB · Views: 410
My terrible Dilemma is this. JBL vs ALtec. Are JBL going to sound dry and cold, but accurate. Are Altec going to sound warm and fuzzy, but cloudy and unresolving. Lowther man thought Alnico was good for his OB, paired with Lowthers. I am about to drop some cash and unfortunately cannot have both......Honey, we need to talk!