F6 Amplifier

generg: thank you for honest answer....This I hope may address your concern above regarding excessive OLG ; which is needed to sacrifice a portion of it anyway to make an amp with a stable closed loop gain of say 26 dB. This is an hypothetical objective.

Antoinel,

One of the things that Generg said was, "In your model you are combining a huge amount of semiconductors voltage gain....", I don't think you are getting the essences of this.
In this thread, we are looking for low parts count.
I would like to see less active parts, less bias parts, less caps, less wire, etc.
Every time something gets added to the conceptual schematic I roll my eyes and ask myself, "is that really necessary?" It maybe necessary, but if simpler could be as effective, then that's the way to go. IMHO.

Rush

Shelved for the moment. I have to make two monoblock ans two stereo cases. All amp building has ceased until i can get some finished cases. Wife is tired of Ikebana style of construction. Also, have 8 other projects going:rofl:. No wonder she is getting tired of it. Gotta finish the Salas Jfet Phono for my brothers B-day.

Antoinel you are the fastest player with different concepts and circuits I have ever seen here in the Pass thread.....:D

And it is like a diary of your ideas ......where did you learn this ability? :)
generg: I am an aficionado of the work of Mr Pass [like you and others] since the early 1980's when I bought a THRESHOLD S/150. I also aspire to think like Mr. Pass and other greats in the audio industry by studying and practicing their schematics; which by definition are their ingenious ideas in writing.

Antoinel,

One of the things that Generg said was, "In your model you are combining a huge amount of semiconductors voltage gain....", I don't think you are getting the essences of this.
In this thread, we are looking for low parts count.
I would like to see less active parts, less bias parts, less caps, less wire, etc.
Every time something gets added to the conceptual schematic I roll my eyes and ask myself, "is that really necessary?" It maybe necessary, but if simpler could be as effective, then that's the way to go. IMHO.

Rush
Rush: I agree with you that the hypothetical schematic which I named name it is more complicated than a Pass Burning Amplifier. But; the added complexity of inserting a proposed interstage transformer, and a feedback loop are both "inherently required" in the Conceptual F6 schematic.

The BA3 Front End is truly multi purpose, and thus versatile. It can be operated at unity and higher gains if desired.

A clone of F6 with a potentially high closed loop gain.

Dear gurus [generg, ZM, lhquam, flg, buzzforb,triode_al, and many others]. Please give me guidance regarding this burning question pertaining to the attached file which shows a hypothetical schematic of a burning amp and/or an F6 clone. flg: please note that this front end has voltage gain like you proposed in the 1340 string of posts [wimdehaan circuits].
  • Where is a suitable feedback point from the output to the front end?
Not knowing any better, I tentatively put the letters F1 at the wiper of the Zen Pot R3, and F at the originally grounded primary lead.

Thank you, and kind regards.
Wake up thread. It is a beautiful day [and night] all over our planet.

The optimal point of feedback per my question above [in the hypothetical schematic named name it] is the wiper of P3; by analogy with the schematic attached in Post #38. In the schematic of post #38, global negative feedback was returned to the emitter of the first stage bjt on the primary side of the transformer.

How high a closed loop gain? I am aiming for an ideal voltage source [F6 clone] amp which has the closed loop gain of the industry standard value of ~26 dB.

I bought today from diyAudio Store the pcbs [BA3 Front End, and BA SE output stage 1 + bias] so as to assemble the subject per the hypothetical schematic name it. Piece o' cake [choc.].

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought today from diyAudio Store the pcbs [BA3 Front End, and BA SE output stage 1 + bias] so as to assemble the subject per the hypothetical schematic name it. Piece o' cake [choc.].

Happy you did this step......:) Welcome in the club of FCB ( fearless clone builders)!

Since Molly all is possible... :D

just to make this thread even more hysteric and biiig (both of these with my massive contribution ;) ) - speaking of 6.2GB big Pass folder - that's not counting this (he naively left one of his PC's without surveillance :rofl: ) :

edit: sorry , forgot second , appropriate picture ....
This icon (second image) could be represent an excellent trademark for a new line of commercial audio components from passlabs.

The optimal point of feedback per my question above [in the hypothetical schematic named name it] is the wiper of P3; by analogy with the schematic attached in Post #38. In the schematic of post #38, global negative feedback was returned to the emitter of the first stage bjt on the primary side of the transformer.

How high a closed loop gain? I am aiming for an ideal voltage source [F6 clone] amp which has the closed loop gain of the industry standard value of ~26 dB.

Make sure that you dont listento BA3. You may just stopt here and forget about this whole F6 thing:D

I will try the AN 15 and then this TL/ horn combo. I only got started on horn thing because of Lynn's comments about tone. Being from a geetar family, I am a sucker for tone....among other things. Lowther is hard for me to pull the trigger on.

Just got home Internet back. That was sobering experience. Scary withdrawal.