Joined 2003
Paid Member
that's easy - we are clueless

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 349
The hunt for the sweet spot; maybe?

The attached file [sweetspot.pdf] shows two Pass schematics from his article on BA 3. Figure 1 is the BA 3 Front End. Its input is driven by [for example] the volume-controlled headphone output of a high quality CD player or other sources; including test equipment to measure %THD etc. for relating to the subjective performance. Its output drives a high quality headphone. I suggest that this set-up [in stereo] may enable the DIYer to identify and hear the sweet spot, and later measure its salient properties. A training aid of sorts. Ditto for Figure 2 which is the official BA#1 SE output stage. Finally, ditto for the integrated schematic of Figure 1 driving Figure 2 [not shown].

Attachments

• sweetspot.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 84
Schematic for a potential clone of F6 and/or burning amplifier?

The beauty about Pass schematics is their high versatility to mix and match on paper with ease; [cut and paste paper copies]. The attached file [name it.pdf] shows an interstage transformer [e.g. the Jensen of Conceptual F6] coupling a BA 3 Front End with part of a BA#1 SE output stage. Rush: you may have shown a schematic like it in an earlier post of this thread. Is this schematic also useable to make a potential burning amplifier? Looks hot and high caliber to me.

The effect of the interstage transformer on the "sweet spot" may be used in a continuation study of my previous post. Is the sweet spot still there?

Attachments

• name it.pdf
    50.9 KB · Views: 93
be aware that , without attenuating net , that hunt can be extremely short
and , after that , no further need for any sonic hunt

:rofl:
Thanks ZM. I hoped the normally available volume control on the CD player's headphone amp was sufficient. I agree with you that more attenuation of signals [in/out in Figure 1] will be needed to prevent hearing and equipment damage for the experiments solo Figure 1 and the integrated Figure 1 and 2. Maybe be not for the solo use of Figure 2; as it looks to me a unity gain power stage. May still need added caution!