F6 Amplifier

Do you realize what is effectively inside the TL device? A zener and an opamp with lotsa gain :D
Sayin it's better without any reason or data is dumb! Yep you ZM!
Sayin below 100Hz the JFET and Zd is better without any circuit description etc. etc. is just as dumb as ZM!
Sorry :down:
I need more convincing info than a basic sim and a Dummy...

You appear to be correct about that. Here is a Spice simulation of the two. The plot shows the ripple rejection of the two approaches. As you can see, the LED+CCS has a much lower corner frequency than the TL and is about 16dB better at frequencies about 100Hz.

I don't know. Must be Dumber than me? I read: Led+ccs VB2 ripple= 40uVp-p. Quite good in fact.
But, I also read:
TL431 VB1 ripple=17uVp-p???
Who is Dumber? Forgive me ZM :worship::worship::worship:
Not tryin to be Dumber :rofl:

Those captions are poorly stated. What they represent is the ripple rejection without the capacitors, which is the rejection of changes in the DC level of the power supply, ie. the ripple rejection at Zero Hz.

I don't know. Must be Dumber than me? I read: Led+ccs VB2 ripple= 40uVp-p. Quite good in fact.
But, I also read:
TL431 VB1 ripple=17uVp-p???
Who is Dumber? Forgive me ZM :worship::worship::worship:
Not tryin to be Dumber :rofl:

Last night I switched the .47R source resistors out for a 1R resistor. I was wanting to see what effect it had on sound. To me, it killed some of the space and seperation from original attempt. I have been told before that these parts sound better with less source resistance. I will try .33R tonight ans see if stereo image and spaciousness improves. I agree with Ilquam, that the bass is surprising, although it reminds me of the AJ. The thing this amp foes well, IMO, is space and certain natural feel to voices. Lucinda Williams, Shawn Colvin, Patricia Barber sound wonderful.
@Ilquam
Can you play flac files? I want to send you a couple tracks.

I made some measurements one of my Teaser-6 bias circuits using a variac to modify the AC line voltage. My measurements are the current through the source resistor and VGS vs. line voltage with zero voltage input to the channel.

The reduced numbers give:

delta_source_current / delta_line_voltage = 5.6mA/V

delta_VGS / delta_line_voltage = 0.67mV/V => 63.5dB

Attachments

• F6-VR-bias-vs-line-volts.jpg
    F6-VR-bias-vs-line-volts.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 272
  • F6-VR-bias-vs-line-volts-sch.jpg
    F6-VR-bias-vs-line-volts-sch.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
I don't even know why I'm in this thread????
Don't get me wrong though. I want to know how good a bias ref the TL is??? and how to optimize for that purpose :D
flg. Is the Avatar you show your living pet Jack Russell? I hope I named the right breed. He/she is handsome/pretty. This breed has a long life which is a blessing. My neighbor has one. It loves to chew on sticks. Smart dog. Takes in all the anti oxidants [vegetable extracts] it needs to live long!. I have a female Old English Sheepdog puppy named Bella. I'll figure out how to upload her picture as my new Avatar; if she behaves!