F6 Amplifier

Rush and lhquam. Would you say that you now have a functioning clone of F6 which is relatively 90% [or better] developed?
Papa and Zen Mod seem to suggest we are close. There might be a few surprises waiting for us. It the goal is simplicity and functionality then there cannot me much more.

I am not sure about some of the "official" circuit parameters like closed-loop gain, output FET source resistance. I have assumed 24V-25V rails, 1.3A bias, and gain=6, but I might be wrong.

You underestimate how evil Nelson is. :rofl:
What happens if Nelson says "sorry guys I made a mistake on the basic schematic it should look like this. I call it the trianglotron. Mwah ha haa ha ha :devilr: "
Todate, Mr. Pass has created many "great and best" sounding amplifiers. This performance scale of "great and best" is getting congested. Will F6 be as great as F5[T] or greater/better, and by how much if there is a metric to rank it? The PASS designs are inadvertently competing with each other for excellence; but all of them are and will be excellent. Performance differentiation among them is becoming a grey area.

Preliminary PCB layout

Here is a 1st cut at a PCB for the F6 on a 2.5"x3.8" board for production by ExpressPCB.

Attachments

• F6-V2-2-pcb.jpg
    F6-V2-2-pcb.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 454