F6 Amplifier

I wonder if it is possible to build such transformers at home, why not?

that can certainly be part of the fun and the DIY spirit !

but the transformer can have a big impact on the sound quality, usually it struggles the most at the frequency extreme's (although I think some people worry too much about that)

I have a pair of Hammond 1+1:1+1 transformers that I was saving for a circuit like this... hmmmmm :)

The use of a IT transformer is often done in the tube world.
In one of my tube amps I tried different phase splitters, the best sounding to me was the one with the interstage phase splitter.
In my tube circuit an IT splitter had the following benefits:
1. perfect balanced splitter
2. works as splitter and interstage coupler, no coupling caps needed to the output tubes.
3. works also as a choke for the driver tube.
4. bias of the output tubes through the IT

I still listen to that tube amp besides my F5 :D

Grts,
Danny

Attachments

• IT_PP.gif
    IT_PP.gif
    12 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I slaved for my food and bed .... my terror duty was to flip switches off (just on two XA60.5) each time we were going out
so , I was sort of less (if at all ) loved Jack , with one hand more

(low level) signal part of system are/were on all the time

btw. for uninitiated - Jack is official Pass Family Zen Guru ; he showed me The Ocean , barely smiling while observing my hysteria

Last edited:
besides zillion Ikebana styled prototypes I made during yrs (floating service manuals and schmtcs through illegal web mist) , I heard few genuine ones , and I heard Papa's genuine PL second hand system .

:clown:

why you are asking ?

Generg stated noticable difference in Official Drek vs homemade stew J2, and just wandering if that was your expereience as well? How different?

I slaved for my food and bed .... my terror duty was to flip switches off (just on two XA60.5) each time we were going out
so , I was sort of less (if at all ) loved Jack , with one hand more

(low level) signal part of system are/were on all the time

btw. for uninitiated - Jack is official Pass Family Zen Guru ; he showed me The Ocean , barely smiling while observing my hysteria

Does Zen not allow for a little joy and is joy not a pure feeling?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Generg stated noticable difference in Official Drek vs homemade stew J2, and just wandering if that was your expereience as well? How different?

if physically properly made , by exact schm , there will not be difference
there is possible difference if active parts aren't in same current range or matching range as Papa does ....... besides that , one need to pick up right one or change some part , using THD meter during both populating boards and powering up/setting procedure

in short - Pa gave us everything needed to make proper Klones

Does Zen not allow for a little joy and is joy not a pure feeling?

Buddha is everywhere

;)

SR :

d4ow5ob

d2jboft

cecdzrh

Attachments

• Jack.jpg
    Jack.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 451