F6 Amplifier

... If the output haves were effectively outputing the same signal, there would be no F.B. If one is distorted and the other not, there would be F.B. correcting the distortion

Like the master, I'll try quoting myself. :D In the previous post I did not mean the 2 1/2s of the output were outputing the same signal. I meant, if they were opposite in phase but the same level and undistorted. They cancel!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lalala

possible variations

all with different amount of Zen

some having Mu , some uM , some MuuM

:devily:

edit : added original Pa's (with title ) sch , redrawn slightly , for easier comprehension

Attachments

• F6-SIMPa.jpg
    F6-SIMPa.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • F6-SIMPb.jpg
    F6-SIMPb.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,302
  • F6-SIMPc.jpg
    F6-SIMPc.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • F6-SIMP.jpg
    F6-SIMP.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,284
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Like the master, I'll try quoting myself. :D In the previous post I did not mean the 2 1/2s of the output were outputing the same signal. I meant, if they were opposite in phase but the same level and undistorted. They cancel!

exactly why I'm :bawling: all the time , surprised to the bone

as I wrote , only logical way , to stay on same path , is that upper modulation is attenuated in some way

but , I will not be surprised if Papa say tomorrow that there is ( intentional or not :devily: ) mistake on schematic , in secondary phasing

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
@ flg

input ones are small Toshiba's , without doubt

think M2

@ Buzz

dunno - just came to my mind that there is either :

- inserted reg (or filter) for input stage , fed from common FW PSU (+/-22Vdc) , or

- there is separate PSU for output stage , with higher voltage than common FW PSU

I'm just mudding the water now , have no slightest clue what Papa is thinking ...... except that he's having major laughing time ......

;)

Last edited:
exactly why I'm :bawling: all the time , surprised to the bone

as I wrote , only logical way , to stay on same path , is that upper modulation is attenuated in some way

but , I will not be surprised if Papa say tomorrow that there is ( intentional or not :devily: ) mistake on schematic , in secondary phasing

:rofl:

zm.... good catch on V2 and V1. What this is for we can only guess at huh ?... from the clues so far, (4*600ohm windings) it would seem that the primary is two 600 ohm windings in parallel ... with each secondaries 600ohm each also, this doesn't give any voltage gain...more thinking to do here ...

Anyway, seperately, with respect to the phase of the secondaries, this is how i look at it ... i looked at the inputs relative to the phase dot on the tx secondaries, and for the outputs, relative to 0v (hence i drew in the eyes lols) ... if my feeble mind if correct, that means the outputs DON'T cancel each other out if the fets are driven in the way indicated by the schematic in post 1......

now how do we think about that feedback loop and unequal voltage gain for top and bottom device .........:sad:

Attachments

• jf6op.jpg
    jf6op.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,178
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

few mistakes :

- smilies on your schm are not smiling ;)

- think what's happening in output mode ........ your analysis is wrong for one half of output ; as drawn in post one sch ,they're exactly the same

btw. world is full with 600:600 xformers ,where each winding is CT , so effectively having 4 x 150R windings

it's extremely hard to find 4x600R xformers anywhere .......

Last edited: