F6 Amplifier

Here is Stereophile Mag's impedance measurement of my B&W CDM1 speakers. Yup, my next tweak will be to lower the output JFET source resistors to somewhere near ZERO ohms, which will increase open-loop gain to around 100 or so. I could also reduce the closed-loop gain below 4.7, requiring an input source capable of higher voltage drive.
I hope that you do not drive your loudspeakers with a current source amp. Try this if you like [if not done already] with F1 or F2 diy builds as buzzforb suggested above. Their resulting tonal balance will be out of wack, and downright fatiguing.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 380
giving me way too much credit. I will be listening to my F6 with FR unit.
I wanted to write [before I saw your post] that you will most probably use an FR in maybe an Open Bafle loudspeaker design from the other threads you are involved with [that of Melon Head]. I looked at the impedance curve of Fostex FF 125WK. It showed the expected woofer impedance at its resonance then down to the minimum impedance of 8 Ohms between 100-500 Hz, and thereafter a gentle sloping rise in the impedance to 10 KHz. That FR will sound pleasant.

Last edited:
buzzforb: Do your loudspeakers like current source amps like others based on Full Range drivers? Disable NFB at the output node of Franken6 and broaden your sonic assessment of the new combo. It is free information with possible surprises!

It is currently connected with NFB.

I plan to have SS version up by tonight. Will be back.

bingo place

you remember Zen Amount pot :clown:

keep thinking/trying
:D