F6 Amplifier - Page 378 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 11:48 PM   #3771
diyAudio Member
 
jacco vermeulen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: At the sea front, Rotterdam or Curaçao
Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
1. If sales of Coke goes up, Pepsi goes down

That Easter(n) Euro food is actually pretty good.
(since BA2011, I've had tangible flavor reminiscence visions of the Serbian sausages I had at Vladimir's place. Really WoW)

Back in the day, IKEA shoppers for a large part were the Prius stereotype, made me giggle when I read the thoroughbred-ball news.

(think of me as old-school fckng hippie degenerate, ecological is fine, but never been one for freaky stuff like bio-recycling. So whatever he says, I'm not swallowing any of his SiT crap)
__________________
The buck stops Here
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2013, 11:56 PM   #3772
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
ZM ,
I think he really is upset about the S^iT thing.
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 12:17 AM   #3773
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
Can you clean that up a little. It looks interesting, but i dont really know whats going on. Not saying I will when you clean it up, but possibly
Zen Mod. As always, your brain works great. Your analysis is right on.



buzzforb. Please find attached [jpg and identical pdf] the cleaned schematic of only the lower option schematic of my previous post. Fortunately, the upper part of the past post schematic was clear, which I hoped maybe useful to Zen Mod or others. Note:
  • The circuit is a bare bones schematic which is very much like BA3 Front End and F5/T.
  • Unlike BA3 ans F5/T, Q4 in this schematic is a Depletion Mode power JFET; including a SIT. The compound made of Q2 [low power input Depletion PJFET] and the SIT make a quasi power PSIT of unity voltage gain as configured.
  • Q1 is a Depletion Mode NJFET which is complementary to Q2. Q1 and the P-Channel power MOSFET Q3 make a compound which may be understood as a power NJFET of unity voltage gain as configured.
  • The compound Q1 and Q3 P-MOSFET is where you'll find Schade or Pass negative feedback via the union of the Drain of the P MOSFET and the Source of Q1.
  • The SIT may or not need additional Pass feedack. Looks to me that joining the Drain of the SIT to the Source of the input PJFET may also constitute Pass feedback.
  • Operate the existing published BA3 FE and F5/T with voltage gain of 1 like the schematic of this post. One thus gets a dual Schade or Pass negative feedback.
  • The resulting above 4 possible schematics, PSITa, B3A FE, F5 and F5T are power buffers of adjustable/variable power output. Compare them to the " Beast of a 1000 Jfets" for their simple assembly, relatively obtanium status, and triode-like performance.
Best regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSITa.jpg (211.5 KB, 325 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PSITa.pdf (17.5 KB, 25 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 12:34 AM   #3774
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinel View Post
Zen Mod. As always, your brain works great. Your analysis is right on.



buzzforb. Please find attached [jpg and identical pdf] the cleaned schematic of only the lower option schematic of my previous post. Fortunately, the upper part of the past post schematic was clear, which I hoped maybe useful to Zen Mod or others. Note:
  • The circuit is a bare bones schematic which is very much like BA3 Front End and F5/T.
  • Unlike BA3 ans F5/T, Q4 in this schematic is a Depletion Mode power JFET; including a SIT. The compound made of Q2 [low power input Depletion PJFET] and the SIT make a quasi power PSIT of unity voltage gain as configured.
  • Q1 is a Depletion Mode NJFET which is complementary to Q2. Q1 and the P-Channel power MOSFET Q3 make a compound which may be understood as a power NJFET of unity voltage gain as configured.
  • The compound Q1 and Q3 P-MOSFET is where you'll find Schade or Pass negative feedback via the union of the Drain of the P MOSFET and the Source of Q1.
  • The SIT may or not need additional Pass feedack. Looks to me that joining the Drain of the SIT to the Source of the input PJFET may also constitute Pass feedback.
  • Operate the existing published BA3 FE and F5/T with voltage gain of 1 like the schematic of this post. One thus gets a dual Schade or Pass negative feedback.
  • The resulting above 4 possible schematics, PSITa, B3A FE, F5 and F5T are power buffers of adjustable/variable power output. Compare them to the " Beast of a 1000 Jfets" for their simple assembly, relatively obtanium status, and triode-like performance.
Best regards
Your right. I dont know enough to appreciate your designs. I think it would make for a great article. Id give it a go.
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:24 AM   #3775
cjkpkg is offline cjkpkg  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roswell GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
fat wire from PSU gnd to F6 pcb GND
fat wire from G6 pcb to spk neg. post (NO wire from PSU to neg spk post !)
then bridge made of fat wire between two main GND points of two F6 pcbs
RCA isolated from chassis , coax or twisted pair to pcb

those mains connected NTCs are dangerous - flapping in space and non isolated ; make small pcb for them , place it with screws and extenders on bottom plate
OK...re did the output grounds but I am still not sure by the third statement...between two main GND points of two F6 pcbs...

RCA's are isolated

Rca to PCB is shielded wire.

Still very loud hummmm

Aggravating because my rats nest moskido is dead quiet.

Would adding the buffer help quiet things down?
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:32 AM   #3776
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
look where is main gnd point on left channel pcb

now look where is main gnd point on left channel pcb

then connect them with view

after that - use fat wire instead of view

btw. even better if you solder that fat wire

__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa...© by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 01:34 PM   #3777
generg is offline generg  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
generg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Near Frankfurt
My wife confirmed they are smart these boards...!

so if there is a lonely housewife in this thread........ buy these boards for your lover!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0260.JPG (758.2 KB, 232 views)
__________________
and the First Wtt is......a really First Class PSS Idea
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 01:57 PM   #3778
cjkpkg is offline cjkpkg  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roswell GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
look where is main gnd point on left channel pcb

now look where is main gnd point on left channel pcb

then connect them with view

after that - use fat wire instead of view

btw. even better if you solder that fat wire

I am not following this. The input G and main GND point (the 4 pads) are all connected in a "T" shape on the bottom side of the board.

OR, are you saying to connect the L and R channel with 1 GND wire and then connect 1 GND wire to Main GND point.

Which then I guess begs the question, should the amp board ground to the PSU PCB ground point or to star ground in chassis?

Still confused...
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 02:27 PM   #3779
diyAudio Member
 
buzzforb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burlington, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by generg View Post
My wife confirmed they are smart these boards...!

so if there is a lonely housewife in this thread........ buy these boards for your lover!
Generg,
Do you have Jensens as well?
__________________
...Shape the sound , Man!
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 02:50 PM   #3780
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Zen Mod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ancient Batsch , behind Iron Curtain
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkpkg View Post
I am not following this. The input G and main GND point (the 4 pads) are all connected in a "T" shape on the bottom side of the board.

OR, are you saying to connect the L and R channel with 1 GND wire and then connect 1 GND wire to Main GND point.

Which then I guess begs the question, should the amp board ground to the PSU PCB ground point or to star ground in chassis?

Still confused...

leave everything as is


connect additional wire from one pcb to another (gnd point on one to gnd point on second)

stop thinking and do what I wrote

think later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cjp.jpg (130.1 KB, 198 views)
__________________
my Papa is smarter than your Nelson !
clean thread; Cook Book;PSM LS Cook Book;Baby DiyA ;Mighty ZM's Bloggg;Papatreasure;Papa...© by Mighty ZM
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New F6 diy coming soon ? Nounours18200 Pass Labs 37 31st August 2012 04:35 PM
Hi Vi F6 box ioro Multi-Way 4 15th April 2012 08:27 PM
Whats happening with F6? jugoslavija Pass Labs 1 1st November 2011 07:39 AM
Hi-Vi F6 kkosiba Multi-Way 14 9th November 2007 08:38 AM
F6 traw Pass Labs 7 2nd November 2007 07:09 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2